"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Trimlines - the least common color?

Started by baldopeacock, March 12, 2010, 03:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JorgeAmely

Quote from: Dave F on October 18, 2010, 10:12:42 PM
Here's a clear rotary version with clear cords and the original F-series boxes, and also a 1220 in pink.

Very nice Dave, very nice. I have one like that in my daughter's room.
Jorge

paul-f

Quote from: masstel on October 16, 2010, 01:57:58 PM
I have a newer style, square button black Trimline in my collection.  I'd love to get a rotary one, of any vintage.

Also, did GTE/Automatic Electric make the Styleline in black?  I don't think I've ever seen one...

The color info Terry provided includes black for the Stylelines...
   http://www.paul-f.com/AEcolors.htm
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Dave F

Quote from: McHeath on October 18, 2010, 11:10:02 PM
Wow, that pink 10 button is pretty nice!  And the clear one even has the boxes.  It's interesting how transparent plastics was a big fad in the late 90's and early 2000s as well. 
I have often wondered why WE never made transparent sets widely available to the public.  They obviously knew how much excitement was generated by the few specimens they did produce.

This clear rotary Trimline was a gift to me in 1969 from a WE employee.  It came brand new in the boxes, and I have had it quietly stored away all these years.

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Dave F on October 19, 2010, 12:15:01 PM
Quote from: McHeath on October 18, 2010, 11:10:02 PM
Wow, that pink 10 button is pretty nice!  And the clear one even has the boxes.  It's interesting how transparent plastics was a big fad in the late 90's and early 2000s as well. 
I have often wondered why WE never made transparent sets widely available to the public.  They obviously knew how much excitement was generated by the few specimens they did produce.

This clear rotary Trimline was a gift to me in 1969 from a WE employee.  It came brand new in the boxes, and I have had it quietly stored away all these years.

Clear plastics show spittle, earwax and stress damage.
I have seen WE 500 hotel sets. Thes used colored # rings and matching handset caps. I have seen SC hotel sets the same way.
SC didn't seem to make clear dial rings. They would use clear handset caps on some sets.
Just my observation,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

stopthemachine

Quote from: jsowers on March 17, 2010, 10:47:15 AM
Jim, thanks for posting that color listing. Especially nice to see is the list of names of the contrasting colors inside the faceplate on the 1220/2220 models. I'd never seen that before.

For those who have TT Trimlines with the clear faceplate and round buttons, the faceplate inside is a piece of paper, and too much water or cleaner on the clear plastic over it can seep inside and stain the paper permanently. So only use a damp cloth or paper towel to clean those faceplates. I posted a picture below of a turquoise 2220 faceplate, one of my favorites. The way they contrasted colors was great, and it's also seen in the early 1500 and 2500 phones.
I have the light blue Trimline too--except it's a 10-digit Trimline!  I need to post the pic some time, dag-nab-it.  It even has the Bell System four-prong plug.

AE_Collector

Quote from: paul-f on October 19, 2010, 12:08:45 AM
Quote from: masstel on October 16, 2010, 01:57:58 PM
Also, did GTE/Automatic Electric make the Styleline in black?  I don't think I've ever seen one...

The color info Terry provided includes black for the Stylelines...
   http://www.paul-f.com/AEcolors.htm

Just saw this now. I was on a cruise through the Panama Canal in Oct 2010 when this was posted.

Absolutely there were black AE Stylelines. Just like the WECo's they weren't the most popular color...by far!

I have about 5 black WALL Stylelines to spare if anyone has a black DESK styleline to trade to me. Generally speaking it seems to be harder to locate any particular color in a wall version than it is a desk version, but not with me and black stylelines.

I actually have or had a black desk model but CAN NOT find it and fear that it has somehow disappeared for good. There is an empty position in my Desk Styleline line-up consequently.

Terry