and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 18 - Western Electric 354 in Ivory

Started by bingster, December 29, 2008, 02:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

McHeath;
I think I understand now what you mean by you are higher >>>>> :o ;D
And by the way, close the door....and lock it.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Bill Cahill

:o Mc Heath, did you get any more sleep?
You made only slight sense in the fact that you metaphortically mad no sense in that you were trying to make sense of no sense, while writing nonsense...
;D ;D ;D
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

McHeath

I'm back.  I'm slept.  I'm much better now and I think my logic will now be unimpeachable. 

Is that a word?

Konrad

$271 I Won  ;) Dumb beginners luck.  I'm shocked for how little this went for as I've seen reconditioned black 302 go for more. Nice as they are, they are very common. I'm thinking as it's older than me maybe send the dial in to get cleaned and lubed by an expert. 

Sargeguy

You couldn't have bid $4 more Konrad?  Seriously though, I knew this one wouldn't go for that much, it is a wall phone after all.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

McHeath

QuoteSeriously though, I knew this one wouldn't go for that much, it is a wall phone after all.

Hey!  You made my 354 cry.   :o

bingster

Mine just flung itself off the wall in a fit of melancholy.

So... another in a long string of surprising results.  Since everybody was over this time (Except Dan who was just out in left field somewhere), we're calling this one for the closest bidder, and that would be...

Sargeguy!

Congratulations, and stay tuned for the next auction to be posted shortly!
= DARRIN =

Sargeguy

Thank you very much!!!  I mean no disrespect, I love 354s (and 356s and 357s) especially when you can buy them for $6.50.  It just that it doesn't seem like there is a huge demand for them compared to their desktop brethren.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

bingster

Interesting that you mention that.  It seems to me that 354s used to go for a lot more than they do now.  I remember buying my black one about five years ago, and thinking what a bargain I got for $75.  Now, you regularly see them go for ten or twenty bucks.
= DARRIN =

Bill Cahill

Personally, I like the 354's.
I'm looking for a non modular one in yellow.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Dennis Markham

Bill, you probably meant to write "554".  You'll look a long time to find a 354 in yellow..unless someone paints one. :)

winkydink

Quote from: bingster on January 04, 2009, 10:55:44 PM
Interesting that you mention that.  It seems to me that 354s used to go for a lot more than they do now.  I remember buying my black one about five years ago, and thinking what a bargain I got for $75.  Now, you regularly see them go for ten or twenty bucks.

I recently purchased one (a black one albeit) for $9.00 ($18.00 including shipping).  I haven't done anything with it yet but it does not have any cracks and was very affordable.  A spot in my kitchen is waiting for it to be refurbished.

Konrad

What was eye popping to this newbie was the same seller had a NOS 1966 ten button 1500 and that sold for $400  :o

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250350558288

Dennis Markham

The seller is probably going to Disney World with the money he made from the sale of those three phones!  :)

McHeath

Geez!  I'm telling ya'll as soon as I find my secret horde of NOS phones under the house in a vault I'm going to Disneyworld on the profits as well.

I can't believe that phone went for 400 clams!