News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

CRPF not accessible today for some?

Started by unbeldi, March 03, 2016, 11:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unbeldi

All morning today the CRPF has not been accessible from my location via FIOS on the East Coast.
Web access, and other protocols, as well as ICMP (ping) is blocked.
In order to write this, I am using a Web proxy server in Los Angeles, which redirects the web pages to me.
Very strange.
I guess it's useless to ask whether anyone is having the same problems, because if someone can't get in, they can't read, and the fewest would be able to setup a web proxy or even think of it.
At first I thought it was a routing issue in savvis.net (CenturyLink) because traceroute requests from the east and west coasts arrive there, and stop there for the east coast route.
But that seems wrong, because I can ping the address 64.14.68.180 just fine, which should be on the same subnet, while 64.14.68.185 (www.classicrotaryphones.com) is blocked. On the other hand, pinging 64.14.68.189 works from LA but not NYC.
It feels like I have a selective block on my IP address to a small group of hosts.

Fabius

I've got to it with no problems several times this morning from Northern Indiana USA.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

WEBellSystemChristian

I'm in Wisconsin, and I've been reading topics here all morning. I wonder why it's not working for some people?
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

twocvbloke

Haven't noticed any issues from across the pond, but then I have been mostly playing about with my "new" (to me) colour laser printer, so haven't done a whole lot of forum browsing...

unbeldi

Within the last 30 minutes or so, I gained direct access again, without going through the proxy server.
The adjacent active host at 64.14.68.180 is also accessible again.

paul-f

I had the same problem this morning.  Of course, all is back to normal now.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

unbeldi

Quote from: paul-f on March 03, 2016, 03:20:06 PM
Thanks, I am glad I wasn't imagining something.

Phonesrfun

Yesterday I was having problems with it on my cell phone.  No problems today.
-Bill G

Dennis Markham

I was not aware of any server issues (or any issues).  I received no notifications from the server.

Dennis

Doug Rose

Dennis ...when I tried to get on about 5:30 AM EST before leaving for the train, I could not connect. At 7AM from the office I was all set....keep up the GREAT work. This is a wonderful Forum, I am checking before I hit the train into Boston...Doug
Kidphone

andre_janew

I have never had a problem getting on this forum.  I've had trouble getting on Facebook sometimes, but not this forum.

AE_Collector

I sometimes have trouble getting OFF this forum....

Terry

Dennis Markham

Thanks, Doug.  I usually check in between 4:30 and 5:00 AM myself.  As I mentioned, I didn't see a problem but that doesn't mean my timing was good.  Sometimes the server could be down for a short period of time.  You may have caught it at that time.  Someone usually sends me a PM when it is down.  Hope it continues to keep chugging along.

Quote from: Doug Rose on March 03, 2016, 06:08:18 PM
Dennis ...when I tried to get on about 5:30 AM EST before leaving for the train, I could not connect. At 7AM from the office I was all set....keep up the GREAT work. This is a wonderful Forum, I am checking before I hit the train into Boston...Doug

unbeldi

Well, the server clearly wasn't down.  I could get on from another location on the net at the same I could not from my usual location. This persisted from at least 7 am to just after noon.

TelePlay

Quote from: paul-f on March 03, 2016, 03:20:06 PM

I'm a little late to the conversation and was surprised to see so many posts.

I had a problem getting on last night. When starting my computer, it loads the forum as the home page. I kept  getting a "server not found" message with a try it again option that was of no use.

I could get onto Google and eBay and other sites but not the forum. I went and did a few things on eBay and when I tried to get onto the forum 15 minutes later, all was fine.

Thought it was a server backup or maintenance issue at the server end. No problems since then.