"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I JUST WON THIS!!!!

Started by Kenny C, March 04, 2011, 10:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

I was thinking.............. UH OH ;D

I Have a 500 base with leather feet. I was going to drill out the rubber on this one and put the 302's there until I get around to it. My getting around may take some time. I want it to look more apropriate and when I get to it i will have the feet replaced.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Tom B

Congrats on a great find Kenny :D
Tom

Dan/Panther

Kenny;
Great find, I'm very jealous.
I would leave the conversion to Dennis, unless you've done it before. I would hate to see the drill bit grab and send the phone to the floor. There's no hurry.
"Panther"

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Kenny C

Well I guess I am going to wait. I cant imagine how terrible it would be. It hurts thinking about it ;D

I have been cleaning the Network contacts today and the black plastic shined up good.

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Tom B

Kenny -  I have a 12/51 7A dial going spare you can have if you want it.
Tom

Doug Rose

Hey Kenny.....Nice Birthday present!!! One to remember.....Doug
Kidphone

Kenny C

Finished :)
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dennis Markham

Very nice Kenny.  Looking at the photo of the ringer, I've n ever seen the C2A, or any other designation stamped on that part of the ringer.  Anyone else seen such a stamping?

paul-f

Ringers were stamped with the date on the coil and model on the casting in this position until mid-1951.  They apparently realized it was more efficient to put the stampings together.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

GG

Dude!  Excellent work.  Seriously. 

Kenny C

Thank you. Nobody has asked about the Card ;D. Made it myself. (You can tell) hehe
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dan

Nice job Kenny. A great seller and a great buyer--doesn't get much better. That guy sold me a 410 that rests on my work desk now.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Kenny C

Well thanks to Tom B I have a 12-51 dial on the way. Thanks:)
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Tom B

Kenny, you are very welcome.
I have the C2A stamp in the same place on my 12/50 ringer that came with my 52 501.
Tom

GG

What other differences can you see between C2A and C4A ringers?