News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Pink 554 on ebay

Started by finlover, September 23, 2010, 03:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

you are welcome i hope you get a great selling price :)
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Sargeguy

I have a pink 554 from 1969 hanging in my kitchen, which my wife says doesn't match the decor, so I am anxiously awaiting the outcome of this auction. 
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

finlover

Me too!! I never CAN second guess the way these auctions will turn out.  It seems to have generated some interest though.

finlover

Final price was $257.33 which isn't bad because a guy gave me this phone (unrestored) and $100 for an aqua 554 I'd done. 

JorgeAmely

Greg:

You could sell snow to the eskimos and still make a profit.  ;)

PS: Have you ever sold a white phone?
Jorge

Dan

I've seen a white 500 he had on sale from last year.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

finlover

Quote from: JorgeAmely on September 27, 2010, 11:26:03 PM
Greg:

You could sell snow to the eskimos and still make a profit.  ;)

PS: Have you ever sold a white phone?
I don't know about that, I'm just happy to sell shiny phones to middle-aged ladies! 
I have sold several white 500s.  I love them in white, but they don't bring much over $100 in my experience.  Here are some photos of a '59:

finlover

more

Kenny C

warn us next time we need our shades 8) 8) 8) ;)
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

JorgeAmely

Kenny:

You are right! Now when I close my eyes, I see the outline of a white phone  :o :o :o
Jorge

finlover

Quote from: JorgeAmely on September 28, 2010, 10:48:25 AM
Kenny:

You are right! Now when I close my eyes, I see the outline of a white phone  :o :o :o
You guys are too kind!  Actually I'm not real proud of those pictures--the phone has a bluish cast that's a little distracting.  These days I use a photo editing program that can correct that.

Sargeguy

$202 and change for a pink 554!!!  My kitchen phone's days are numbered-a little Novus and some Armor-All and some elbow grease and I am in business.  I even have a pink modular cord to go with it.  If I can break $150 I'll be thrilled. ;D
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

finlover

Quote from: Sargeguy on September 29, 2010, 12:27:13 AM
$202 and change for a pink 554!!!  My kitchen phone's days are numbered-a little Novus and some Armor-All and some elbow grease and I am in business.  I even have a pink modular cord to go with it.  If I can break $150 I'll be thrilled. ;D
Actually the final bid was $257.33.  List it up, brother!