News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wiiring a WE 20BE Stck Help

Started by Doug Rose, April 27, 2015, 11:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I am trying to wire this as I would a 40AL without a subset. Receiver works fine, no transmission. I usually jump the green and the yellow. If I wire the tramnsmitter up it works. Any ideas?...thanks....Doug
Kidphone

NorthernElectric

I can't help, but I'm curious.  I have marked up your 1040-AL diagram with what I think I am seeing in your photo connected to the black vinyl cord.  Does this look right?  What is inside the modular box?  I also marked up your photo with question marks on what looks like an extra bit of RED/WHITE wire.  Is that connected to anything?
Cliff

Doug Rose

Sorry....wrong pic, the first pic was when I wired another transmitter to it. This is how it is wired, like a 20AL. Not sure what the second picture of the additional terminal does....Doug
Kidphone

NorthernElectric

Ah, so like this then, which now makes sense based on the description in your original post.  This basically places the transmitter and receiver in parallel across the line when off hook, correct?
Cliff

Doug Rose

Correct...and it does not transmit, when I jump g to y.  I feel the additional terminal does something, but I do not know what...Doug
Kidphone