News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My first 3 Slot - Northern Electric NE233QF

Started by tubaman, August 11, 2019, 04:36:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubaman

I've been after a 3 Slot for a long time but they rarely appear on this side of the pond, and when they do they do they are usually stupidly expensive and also heavily molested.
I took the plunge on this one on eBay a couple of weeks ago and am very happy with it.
I know it's not a rare model and that the price would be much lower in the USA but that's life!
It's reasonably complete - less its coin relay, nickel counter and locks - and has been converted for home use at some point in the past. It also has the wrong AE handset that I'll change out when (if) a correct one comes along at a sensible price. All the dates appear to match (1970?).
Since buying I have managed to get a vault lock in this country - it's a WE 30B but is far better than the stud and nut arrangement that it came with.  The lock was £20 so I'm ok with that.
Any thoughts appreciated.
:)
(apologies for photos being taken in my bathroom - it's the lightest room in the house  ::))

It also seems that my portrait format photos will only upload in landscape for some reason - can a moderator fix please?

tubaman

Nice phone!

I have a chrome 1970 NE as well, but mine is a QSD3A.

tubaman

Quote from: Duffy on August 11, 2019, 05:23:12 AM
Nice phone!

I have a chrome 1970 NE as well, but mine is a QSD3A.

Thanks Duffy!
I do wonder if mine originally had a top notice board as it's quite rusty where one would fix and the rest of the chrome is in far better shape?
:)

dsk

Quote from: tubaman on August 11, 2019, 04:36:43 AM
I've been after a 3 Slot for a long time but they rarely appear on this side of the pond...

Congratulations from Norway, I have one AE without working relay (not that nice looking), now it is up and running with a simple solution.
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=10669.msg113607#msg113607

Good luck with the project!

dsk

Ktownphoneco

Tubaman  ....    Nice find, especially on the other side of the "pond".      I'm sending you a personal message in a minute.

Jeff Lamb

Key2871

That's great, glad you got what you've been wanting to get. And chrome! Extra cool. Congrats.
KEN

tubaman

Thanks everyone. The problem is I now fancy an AE one to go with it - Phonitis is really bad right now!
::)

david@london

Very nice chrome payphone, tubaman.

Commiserations on the recurring phonitis problems, but don't worry ....... the doctor will see you now.

Key2871

Oh boy, and the only cure is to buy more phones!
Geesh
KEN

tubaman

Quote from: david@london on August 12, 2019, 12:41:21 PM
Commiserations on the recurring phonitis problems, but don't worry ....... the doctor will see you now.

Eek! I'll think I'll live with the condition rather than see that doctor!
;D