News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Popping while dialing

Started by Nilsog, March 19, 2012, 08:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilsog

I picked up a B1 202 a couple days ago and hooked it up to my 634A subset. It works great, but when the dial (4H) comes back to its resting position (after dialing a number) it pops very loudly, loud enough to hurt your ear if you have the handset up to it. It does this every time the dial is rotated. Is there a way to fix this, or is it normal with an E1 handset?
Ken

Phonesrfun

A 202 with a 634 should be quiet and not pop at all, if it is wired correctly, and if the capacitor is in good shape.

You might want to take a close-up photo of the wiring in the inside of the 202 base and the wiring of how the phone is wired to the subset.  Perhaps the wiring needs tweaking.

We can address the capacitor as a second thing to look at after looking at the wiring.
-Bill G

Nilsog

Ken

Phonesrfun

The wiring looks right inside the phone.  Can you get a close-up of the switch on the back of the dial, and one of the connections inside the subset?

-Bill G

HarrySmith

Here is a document I got from our dial expert, Steve, a while back. Don't know if it will fix your issue but it is worth a shot!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Nilsog

That worked! Thanks for the help. What would we do without Steve?
Ken