News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Has Anyone Heard From Bill Cahill Lately?

Started by HobieSport, September 25, 2009, 02:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HobieSport

Subcutaneous. I love words, and I had to look it up. It means "under the skin".

Thanks, Ellen! My sister is a veterinarian assistant.

Bill Cahill, yes you are loved, and your dogs too. Get used to it. :D

This is a little bit off topic, but has anyone looked at the Wikipedia page for "Industrial Design" lately?

First they show an Ipod. Then a Kitchen Aid, then a WE 302:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_design

No mention of Henry Dreyfuss, who practically invented industrial design.

(Mutter mutter... old person grumbling sound ensues)

But then, I don't know the name of the person who designed the Kitchen Aid. I think it's brilliant and beautiful. It reminds me of the vintage fans, but it mixes pancake batter.
-Matt

Ellen

Oh, you folks are great.  This has been (so far) the parental health week from hell, but I ended last night smiling at ducks and phones and Bwanna-Donna up a pole.  Thank you.

Ellen

Ellen's Dad: "Have you done this kind of work before?"
The pacemaker surgeon: "No, but I read the book last night."

He was watching the heart monitor on the wall and comparing it to the Allegheny Power Company who changed the tolerances for wobble from 1.5/1000 to 3/1000 and then the turbine blew a blade through the steam condenser.  His heart looks worse than the 3/1000 but better than when the blade blew out.

He is vertical, home, in pain from the surgery of pacemaker-insertion, and improving.  First project once home: balance the checkbook.

I asked about the pacemaker, and it is a "good" one, but the recalled ones are not fatal, so I am relieved about that, as is the nurse who was telling me about this, as her husband has a recalled one.  It will be replaced in due course.

bwanna

good news on the pacemaker, ellen. glad to hear dad is up & around. :)
donna

telcosteve

Hey Bill

Hope all is well as I was wondering as well.  Hope your situation gets resolved.