News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

relay adjusting tools

Started by Babybearjs, December 09, 2011, 03:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

what tools are used for adjusting the tension on the old 200 series KTU equipment. I just had to fix a relay and had a dickens of a time using right angle needle nose pliers. they did the trick, but I know there is something better to use... any idea what?? I know its flat though!!!!   John
John

DavePEI

Quote from: Babybearjs on December 09, 2011, 03:58:27 AM
what tools are used for adjusting the tension on the old 200 series KTU equipment. I just had to fix a relay and had a dickens of a time using right angle needle nose pliers. they did the trick, but I know there is something better to use... any idea what?? I know its flat though!!!!   John

Not being overly familiar with the 200 series KTUs (as ours were similar but numbered differently, I can't tell you without seeing a photo of the contacts which need adjusting. There is nothing listed as being specifically designed for these, however, I suspect that one of the common benders will do the trick. With benders for flat springs or contacts, generally special ones weren't made for each piece of equipment, but generic spring benders were. If you can show me the contacts you need to adjust, I should be able to tell you which benders will accomplish the task needed.

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Babybearjs

Dave, thanks. I'll take a picture of the type of relay I'm talking about and post it...    John
John