News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Second Chance Offer

Started by Sargeguy, February 24, 2009, 06:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

Have you ever seen one of those UPS drivers that wasn't in a hurry?  I'll bet those trucks take a beating.  There were three entities that I did not enjoy dealing with when having to take accident reports on the street.  The Federal Govt (Postal Workers), The School System (Bus Drivers) and UPS.  When they even get into a minor fender-bender a crew would show up to take pictures, conduct interviews, etc.  They cover their keisters pretty well to avoid liability.  And the drivers of those three groups always worried about what would happen to their employ as a result of even the most simplest accident.

benhutcherson

It's also my understanding that UPS drivers have a mandatory suspension for any accident they're involved in, even in their own personal vehicle and even if they weren't at fault.

Sargeguy

It sounds like you are a victim of Parcel Post.  I sent a phone to CO parcel post earlier this month with confirmation.  The package showed up 12 days later.  The system showed that the shipping info had been received by the PO and then, two weeks later, that it was delivered.  Nothing in between.

The guy I bought the phone off supposedly ships UPS, so I should have more info to keep me comfortable. I once tracked a package sent via UPS from Hong Kong as it arrived at my door within 24 hours.  It was quite impressive as the updates rolled in and the package kept getting closer.  I also watched a similar package sent via DHL as the delivered it to the wrong address. 
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Sargeguy

I just recieved a refund of my $33 from the seller with no explanation.  It looks like he is indeed "flaking out".  I e-mailed him requesting an explanation. 
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

bingster

Sorry to hear about it.  At least you didn't have to put up a fight for the return of your money.  Unfortunately, it's sellers like that who make buyers reluctant to help out new sellers.
= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

I'll make a guess.  The initial buyer was slow in paying so he got impatient and made the Second Chance Offer.  Then after you paid he got the money from the 1st guy.  I hate when that happens.

Still no Imperial for me today.  The pack mule nearly drown crossing the Mississippi and had to rest a few days.  Maybe 2morrow.

Sargeguy

Yep.  That's exactly what happened. 
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Dennis Markham

The silver Imperial arrived today.  I can stop whining now!  Here's a new post about it:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=702.new#new