News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

no dial western electric telephone

Started by mark9564, January 08, 2015, 09:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Mark...wonderful phone.....my suggestion would to reassemble the phone as you found it. You can get an E1 easily, I can supply you with one. A first quarter 1937 302 is really a valuable phone. Dates Matter!! This phone should be reassembled and then decide what you want to do with it.

You will do much better selling this phone as you found it. It is also important to keep a SEVENTY EIGHT year old phone intact. This is an important phone in history. There will not be a shortage of collectors to buy this.

Please reconsider!....Doug
Kidphone

Kenton K

I second Doug. It's not every day you see an awesome condition 1937 302!

KK

mark9564

Okay...I ended the auction and will put it back together. Doug I would be interested in buying an E1 from you. I will relist it as all original.

Sargeguy

I agree.  1937 302s with F-1s aren't that rare.  An all original 1937 302 with an E-1 is a very rare find and there is bound to be a bidding war over it, even without the dial.  You can get an E-1 for $40, whereas putting the original E-1 back on that phone will increase the final value by $100 or more. 
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

unbeldi

Clean up the outside of the housing a little bit and then give the paint a little polish.  Black shoe polish, the kind in the flat metal can, not liquid, works wonders and then wipe it all off in the end. Make sure you don't get any of it onto the cords or the leather feet. This phone will look almost like it did back then.

mark9564

All back together. Now who has a E1 I can buy??

mark9564

Kenton K

mark9564

Doug Rose

thanks Mark, it sure is a beauty! You should do very well with it. I'll check to see if I have any working E1s.......Doug
Kidphone

TelePlay

Doug Rose

Quote from: Doug Rose on January 09, 2015, 09:27:31 PM
Mark...wonderful phone.....my suggestion would to reassemble the phone as you found it. You can get an E1 easily, I can supply you with one. A first quarter 1937 302 is really a valuable phone. Dates Matter!! This phone should be reassembled and then decide what you want to do with it.

You will do much better selling this phone as you found it. It is also important to keep a SEVENTY EIGHT year old phone intact. This is an important phone in history. There will not be a shortage of collectors to buy this.

Please reconsider!....Doug
Hey Mark....I bet you are very happy you put this phone back together!! $437 is much higher than I expected.....Congrats.....Doug
Kidphone

mark9564