"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Transparent phones (WE, ITT, ETC...)

Started by rtp129495, December 04, 2012, 01:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtp129495

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if I was the only one who liked transparent phones. Not that I dont like colored ones, I do. It just seems that transparent holds a special place for me. I know WE originated transparent? is that correct? Does anyone Else like them here?

AE_Collector

Many of us or maybe even most of us like clear phones but probably no one does as much as Jim S. here on the forum. We need to send Jim a wake up call to check in with us occasionally.

Go to the home page and search clear or clear phone and there are LOTS of hits here on the forum to keep you reading for some time. Lots of pictures too.

Maybe we need to merge some clear discussions together into a all in one Clear/Transparent Phone Thread.

Terry

HarrySmith

Some of us like clear phones but just can't afford them! I finally built myself one: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=5579.0
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE_Collector

I wonder if too much peroxide could turn old colored 500's clear. :)

Terry

rtp129495

AEcollector:

I wish! since WE clear phones are EXTREMELY Rare as it seems. i've never never seen one in person! The ITT variety I have however seen and touched.

Anyone else ever seen a transparent WE and held and seen it?

AE_Collector

They have several WECo clear Trimlines at the Seattle communications museum in the SxS switching demo area. At least I think they are WECo's.

Terry

HowardPgh

I have a clear 2500 like Harrysmith's.  It started life as a Goldstar brand phone.
Too many things didn't work in it, so I put the clear shell and handset on an ITT base. -Howard
Howard