News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Mystery Leich. what izit? can hear myself, not other phones. need wiring diagram

Started by RB, December 28, 2017, 09:00:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RB

Hey, Ya'll...
I got my leich deskset working, mostly... :D
I can hear myself, but cannot connect to other phones. :-[
Can anyone tell me:
first, what model this is?
and, is there a wiring diagram for this thing?
or tell me how to "correctly" connect it to a sub set?
Thanks.

Payphone installer

There is a base extension that houses ringer and network that you do not have. It goes between the base cover and the base. I am sure it could also be wired to a subset. the handset is also wrong, the one you have is the later version. I am listing the correct handset on ebay today. I also have the base extension around here also. I even have chrome cradles for this phone. They were very popular at one point in time. Jim

RB

Jim, Thanks for the reply.
this phone was pieced together, with a WE subset, not even close to the correct config.
So, now, I have to get two phones to work. :-\
my main concern, is function. politically correct, I don't care much about.
That is, if it came messed up, I just get it working.
still need a schematic.

poplar1

The phone as shown already has an induction coil and condenser (capacitor). So, the optional base section would contain only a ringer.

Not sure if yours is a model number 62 or not.  The No. 62 is a "common battery" set that can be used with or without a dial. The common battery set with a ringer base is a code no. 90.

Here is a model 62. Note that the diagram shows cutting the tie between 5 and 8 if a dial is used:
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

poplar1

If your induction coil is a #19 rather than a #18, then your phone is "local battery" -- designed for use with a hand generator and dry cells located on site. That model (70) did not ever have a dial.

Reference chart for Leich models:

http://telephonecollectors.info/index.php/browse/catalogs-manuals-educational-docs-by-company/leich-2/3555-leich-telephone-set-model-identification-chart?highlight=WyJsZWljaCIsNzBd
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

RB

Awesome!!! :D
mine is a local batt phone.
i will try to connect tonite using the schematic you provided.
thanks bunches!!!
just found correct diagram.
DUNKA!