News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE colors white and antique white, #19, 21.

Started by Greg G., November 19, 2009, 01:55:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on November 19, 2012, 06:02:13 PM
I am in the market for a white soft plastic AE80, in case anyone knows of any available.

Larry

And I am in the market to reduce the number of duplicates I have here. So I checked my records and it says that I have 5 surplus Gardenia White AE 80's. The oldest is 8-59 so could be soft plastic but it is an NA rather than an N (oldest version of the 80). Of course I can't find it :) What else is new. Things have become a real mess around here again. Time to do some sorting and organising.

If and when I find it I will let you know. I have no idea what condition the plastic will be in but it should be here somewhere. Any other colors you are seeking in soft plastic?

Terry

LarryInMichigan

I just joined the club (I hope): ebay link.  The seller told me that the phone is white with some beige, which I am assuming is minor discoloration.

Larry

Greg G.

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on November 19, 2012, 06:02:13 PM
From the pictures, it looks like at least some of the discoloration is from tobacco.  I don't yet know a good way to remove that.  Please keep us posted on the progress.  I am in the market for a white soft plastic AE80, in case anyone knows of any available.

Larry

Part of it I posted here:  http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=4658.msg87460#msg87460
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e