Main Menu

Trying to date a 533A from the Herbert Grand Hotel

Started by zaphod01, November 15, 2014, 10:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

Quote from: unbeldi on November 21, 2014, 01:37:21 PM
Quote from: Dennis Markham on November 21, 2014, 01:04:50 PM
Quote from: Dennis Markham on November 16, 2014, 01:25:36 PM
Well I'm a little embarrassed to say I was the buyer of the one that sold for $122 and some change.  I put in a sniper bid and thought the amount I put in would cover other bids.  Guess I was right.  I think a little advertisement here on the Forum helped.  But no regrets, I think it's a nice unit and knowing the origin (history) makes it worth while.....to me anyway.  It's something different for my collection.

~Dennis

I change my plea on this comment.  I am not embarrassed to say I am the buyer at the higher price.  I removed the phone from the box today.  I'm extremely happy with my purchase.  This telephone is exactly as described and in outstanding condition.  Considering that nearly 100 years later I am the second owner (after the hotel) to have this phone, and knowing where it was all these years makes the purchase price well worth it in my eyes.

~Dennis

I am embarrassed that I let you have it, LOL.

Who knows how much it would have sold for had anyone else placed a bid above mine.  I was prepared to pay more.  The question I have is why the seller sold one as a Buy It Now for a price in the $70's.....I think it was $79 and some change?

unbeldi

The seller didn't have the experience to sell something like this properly. They could have got a lot more for all those units that they had in total.