News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Quad XLR cable

Started by TelePlay, April 05, 2012, 09:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Anyone else look into using a quad core XLR microphone cable to connect a desk set with a subset?

Just bought a 10' section of Canare L-4E6S Star Quad balanced microphone cable to see if it would work. I bought the mini version a few weeks ago but it is too thin to seem realistic.

The standard quad cable has a black satin finish, is flexible and has 4 stranded 21 gauge conductors each made up of 40 stands of copper wire. Being a balanced microphone cable, the 4 conductors are enclosed in a braided shield which is really a 5th conductor if needed. The white lettering on the outside jacket is easily removed with a rag and some acetone.

I've used standard 2 conductor XLR cable for line cords (on stage for theatrical plays) and they worked well being black, flexible and having 2 conductors. I've been looking for a cheap means of attaching a subset to a desk set and this meets the 4 conductor requirements.

The standard quad core cable is 0.23 inches in diameter and the internal connectors work well with standard spade lug piercing connectors.

Just passing this along to see if anyone has tried this cable and to let others know it exists and works.

http://tinyurl.com/86s28zk