Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

KeithB

Darnit, I was really hoping Beyonce was up for auction.  ;D

bingster

Hahahahahaha!

Is it my imagination, or is that a bakelite handset?  Looks like a groove on the side to me.
= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

You're right Bingster!  I didn't even notice that.  It's a G1 for sure.  Maybe that explains why the cord seems to stick up where it exits the handset.  Originally it was probably bent downward.

bwanna

so then, is this a frakenprincess :( ???
maybe the plug should be a round black 4-prong? it would be nice to have a black 702b.
donna

JimH

Quote from: bingster on September 14, 2010, 05:41:31 PM
Hahahahahaha!

Is it my imagination, or is that a bakelite handset?  Looks like a groove on the side to me.

I have a black Princess 702B from 1963 that has a G1.  Seems kind of heavy for a Princess, but I think it was original.
Jim H.

Scott Toth

I have a 702B 1968 black Princess with a G3 that is hardwired and came with a round four prong plug.  I am told that black Princess phones that are hardwired are rather hard to come by.  Thanks, Scott

McHeath

Welcome Scott!  Black Princess phones are hard to come by period.  The whole marketing thrust of the Princess was about color and so not many ended up in the old standard color of black.  A hardwired one is a bonus.  I totally lucked out one day this Spring and found a hardwired Princess in black at a local haunt of mine, they wanted a whopping 10, or was it 15, bucks for it and I snatched it up.  Cleaned up beautifully and has been the bedroom phone ever since.  I've seen some on e-Bay go for well over a hundred bucks.