"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Looking for info on a few old WE phones

Started by starbase89, April 17, 2010, 10:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starbase89

Hello.

My name is Joe. I volunteer at the Infoage Science / History Learning Center, and among our massive amount of accumulated stuff, I found a few old telephones. I am trying to get info on these so I can sell them to raise money for the museum, a 501(c)3.

One, I am fairly certain is a 302. The dial is reluctant to return to position and the finger pad is somewhat worn. There are a few small cracks in the bakelite near the back feet.

Someone told me that this next one is a 444. In addition to the buttons, it has a toggle switch on the back

This last one I was told is a 102. Not sure, though

Thanks
Joe

Kenny C

the top one is definatly a 302 the second one is a multi-line type of 302 i think and one of the big guys will chime in in just a munite. And I do think it is  a 102. but anyways those phones should clean up nicely. and a little oil should fix that dial.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

paul-f

There's a page to help you figure out the model numbers of the 300 -series phones:
   http://www.paul-f.com/we300typ.htm

Note that there are different models with various features and wiring schemes.

Since your keyset has 6 keys along the front edge, it will be a 46x model.  With any luck, the model number is stamped on the bottom of the phone.  The toggle switch is not factory approved.

The keyset section starts here:
   http://www.paul-f.com/we300typ.htm#Keysets

The other one is not a complete phone, and could have been part of a 102 or 202 (or variation) depending on the internal contacts and cords.  We usually simply use the codes marked on the parts.  The handset handle is probably marked E1 (but may be different) and the back of the base under the cradle is probably marked D1 (but may be different).

When photographing and describing the phones for sale, it's helpful to include photos of any of the identifying marks you find plus a view or two of the internals.  That way a collector can make an informed decision when considering your phone.

Thanks for saving them from the pile!
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line