News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Rotary auto dialers

Started by Greg G., January 01, 2010, 04:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

I guess they're collectable.  But to me, it's all in the appearance and style, so these I wouldn't be interested in.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/clt/1531473131.html ( dead link 04-19-21 )
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

foots

I have been looking at some of those and had wanted to get one, but have hesitated partly because I'm not very familiar with them. How exactly do they work and what is needed to hook them up?
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

bingster

To hook them up, you need all three components: power supply, magicall unit, and dialer.  A lot of times you'll see partial sets, and they won't work if they're missing any part.  If I'm not mistaken, there's no real hookup (as long as the magicall is already connected to the power supply).  Your phone's mounting cord is attached somewhere inside the power supply, as I recall, and that's all there is to it.

Using them is simple, just record the numbers in the magicall using the dialer, call the numbers by using the up and down arrows and wheel to locate the number, press a button, and the unit calls for you. 

I'd love to have one, but I've been holding off.  I want a working one, and nobody seems able to test them out to make sure they do.  They don't go for much, though, so maybe I'll just take a chance with one.
= DARRIN =

Greg G.

It would take away all the fun of dialing the old fashioned way.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

bingster

And it's probably no faster.  By the time you get the number cued up on the gizmo, and wait for the unit to dial, you could probably have done it yourself faster.
= DARRIN =