News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Gray three slot chrome - What did I buy??

Started by shortrackskater, May 09, 2016, 09:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shortrackskater

Thanks trainman!
Yes I agree... that's why I made my last post. I think I bought it from a seller that probably buys from auction houses, etc. I've said enough about how I "think" the seller should be but I do now see it from his point of view enough to understand.
And now I think this will be a great project for me, to learn more about these interesting things.
Heck... when I heard that "bong" sound for the quarter, the "ding" sound for the nickel and the "ding ding" sound for the dime, I just decided this phone wants me to put some new life into it.  :)
Mark J.

Doug Rose

Matt...I have been collecting Telephones for over 35 years and would have no idea on what should be on the inside of a payphone. If it is real or repro or wrong maker, no clue. It is not my expertise. My guess is the seller had no idea as well. I would give yourself a break and enjoy your Payphone. Looks really nice to me....Doug
Kidphone

shortrackskater

Quote from: Doug Rose on May 19, 2016, 07:29:00 AM
Matt...I have been collecting Telephones for over 35 years and would have no idea on what should be on the inside of a payphone. If it is real or repro or wrong maker, no clue. It is not my expertise. My guess is the seller had no idea as well. I would give yourself a break and enjoy your Payphone. Looks really nice to me....Doug

Thanks Doug!
It's Mark though...  :D
Yes I agree on all counts. I'm keeping it and going to start a new thread on getting back to a working condition "more AE" payphone.
Mark J.

RotarDad

Mark - The same seller who had that bare hopper now has another one listed which has all the trap parts.  You may have another source for the parts, like Payphone Installer, but here you can see what a complete hopper looks like without the relay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262446999175
Paul