News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Classic Rotary Phones logo.

Started by Dan/Panther, July 09, 2010, 06:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

I would like to have some suggestions for a logo for CRP forum. After we have a design that we can agree on, I would like to make up some decals to give to the members.
So post some suggestions and what ever design wins I will make the decal.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

AET

I have no suggestions, but I think this is a great idea.  I like to plaster my station wagon with decals that reflect my beliefs.  Right now mostly conservative, redneck, rebel flag, pinup girl, and teamster stickers on her LOL.  Nothing about phones.
- Tom

HarrySmith

Great idea!
I do not posses an adequate picture editor nor any talent for it but I did this one real quick ;D
This is the general idea I had, I am sure someone can refine it.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Harry....its nice, but it needs the website. Sellers would use it on their eBay auctions like the ATCA and TCI ....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

OK, how's this?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

JorgeAmely

We would need permission from Ray to use his photo. What about an AE phone instead of a 302? After all, AE invented the rotary dial.
Jorge

Jim Stettler

How about the logo at the top of the page?
------------------------------------------------------
America's

{302}

ClassicRotaryPhones.com
---------------------------------------------
Use the same typeface and photo.

Old phone works does the ATCA and TCI logo's. He sells them for $2.00 each with $1 going to the club.

If you had him make them, then it would show up on his site as a "club" decal. This would help get folks into the habit of recognizing the forum as a real "telephone collectors " group.

JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

HarrySmith

on Ray's site it was tagged as a web photo, thats why I grabbed it :-\
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Wallphone

After a design has been decided on, you could get some buttons made.
I know that Bob Alexander makes the TCI buttons.
Here is Bob's site. > http://guardfrog.smugmug.com/ <
Dougpav

Dan/Panther

We might consider changing the name of the site to,

"The Worlds Classic Rotary Phones"

We are of course now global.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

AE_Collector

Quote from: Dan/Panther on July 10, 2010, 01:44:44 PM
We might consider changing the name of the site to,

"The Worlds Classic Rotary Phones"

We are of course now global.
D/P

Or how about "Classic Phone Forum" or "Classic Telephone Forum"? Not only does the forum potentially cover more than "the America's", we cover more than "Rotary" too.

Now instead of coming up with a logo we are renaming Dennis' phone club!

Terry

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Why not use one of our own photos, like that super mushroom blue 500 set that was just found!
Plus, even thought I own one of Ray's clears 302s,  it is a reproduction. Something cool that OUR members found would be best,  in my opinion....Doug
Kidphone

AdamAnt316

I was thinking that we could come up with a cool logo by using phone parts to replace some of the letters in the name. Say, the side of an E-1 "spitcup" handset for the 'C' in 'Classic', a rotary dial fingerwheel for the 'o' in 'Rotary', an AE handset transmitter cap for the 'o' in 'Phones', etc.

As for the name of the forum itself, since the address is more-or-less set in stone, just call it "Classic Rotary Phones" (perhaps "Classic Rotary Phones 'n' More").
-Adam

Kenny C

and we could use whatever letters left like the S' from the western electric typeface and automatic electric. I do not think we should try anything with just western electric things like the 302 because we have AE collectos to so i like  the idea adamant316 has.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010