News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Found In The Wild

Started by HarrySmith, November 03, 2022, 11:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

Payphone found in the wild! No carrier info on it or the booth, not checked for operation but I was told it was connected overhead.
On the corner of Commercial Blvd & SR 441 in Ft. Lauderdale FL.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Westrex

Looks a bit grungy, but if it's connected, it may work. 
Check out the site below for helpful information about Automatic Electric phones.

http://kwan-nick.neocities.org/AE2.html

Kellogg Kitt

That pay phone looks as if it has been through a hurricane or two.

Wade

MMikeJBenN27

Hope it still works!

Mike

FABphones

Quote from: HarrySmith on November 03, 2022, 11:51:19 AM...On the corner of Commercial Blvd & SR 441 in Ft. Lauderdale FL.

I cannot pin down that location on Google Earth. Could you locate and add a screenshot of the phone and placement.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

AL_as_needed

It has been some time since this was originally spotted, possible it has been removed  :'(
TWinbrook7

FABphones

Quote from: AL_as_needed on May 15, 2023, 09:34:59 AMIt has been some time since this was originally spotted...

Six months isn't that long. And although it may have (  ::)   ) Google doesn't update that frequently. Pretty sure I looked at the time, the phone is near a hedge IIRC. Time restrictions now so I cannot spend more time looking.

Feel free to help out though. Attaching a zoomed out screenshot showing location would be helpful.
:)

AL_as_needed

I was able to find the intersection fairly easily, but hard to see any phone booth via street view. I also checked from the over-head images and couldnt see any mini booth shaped shows. Is it possible it was on the side of a building?
TWinbrook7

FABphones

Quote from: AL_as_needed on May 15, 2023, 06:12:44 PMI was able to find the intersection...

That's as far as I got too. Looked again today but no booth to be seen. Either wrong location or google did update before we could get a screenshot.

Another booth lost forever.
 :(