News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Red Green on How To make a Cordless Phone

Started by benhutcherson, February 20, 2009, 07:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benhutcherson

Here's a short "handyman corner" clip from one of my favorite TV shows, the Red Green Show, and featuring the perennial favorites the AE40 and the 500(probably Northern Electric in this case, since it's a Canadian show)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KYOu2oKZJ0&feature=related

BDM

--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Bill Cahill

"If it ain't broke, you're not trying."
I miss the poetry corner. Let me recite two of my favorite Red Green poetry pieces.....

"It's winter..... The leaves are burning. But, not the leaves on the trees. It's the leaves on my table. Dog gone it! That's the last time I have a fondu in this house!"

"The snow is on the rooftop. The snow is on the trees. The snow fell on my cable. Now, there's snow on my tv."

Red Green, we LOVE you!!!
;D Bill Cahill  ;D

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

HobieSport

Thanks Ben!  I'd never heard of the Red Green Show, and I love stuff like that.
I have some catching up to do on Youtube. ;D

benhutcherson

Just remember, keep your stick on the ice.

Also,
"I'm a man/but I can change/If I have to/I guess"

And, finally,
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati(if all else fails, play dead)

Hobiesport,
You might want to check the program schedule for your local PBS station-that's where I originally discovered it. Even though new episodes ended a year or two ago, there are plenty of re-runs out there. I think that it ran 15 years total. While short Youtube clips are fun, it's really worth watching the full episodes.

Dennis Markham

I saw it the other night on WGN, I think.  Check local listings.  Being that we are so close to Canada (just across the river) we can get Channel 9 in Windsor so we're accustomed to seeing a lot of Canadian shows.  I don't even know if that station is on Channel 9 any more but I get the Canadian station on cable now.  Red Green has been a popular show for years.   Tomorrow night is Hockey Night in Canada, 'ey?

AET

I love the Red Green show, my mom and me used to watch it all the time when I was a kid.  I don't even know if they're making new ones anymore.  It used to be on PBS here but I haven't seen it since probably 04.  Great clip! 
- Tom

Greg G.

I'm going to miss Red Green as much as I did Johnny Carson.  Is Red's health failing?  Last show I saw him on he looked gaunt.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Bill Cahill

All I know is two years ago they made an announcement that they wouldn't be producing any more shows. They showed the last one of the series, and, on that one Harold got married, Bill got married, and, went to a private spot, Ranger Gourd was no longer lonely, and, Red decided to retire from the lodge.
They showed him relaxing in a suit coat, and, tie, in a lounge chair as he was saying his goodbyes.

The next week, on, that pbs channel has been showing reruns of the show. It still is... I watched it yesterday evenning.
I have to admit, in the last show Red didn't look as peppy.
Bill Cahill  :(

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."