"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE Ivory 302

Started by Wallphone, March 30, 2010, 07:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wallphone

This phone sure was a sleeper.
This was only a $150 phone with two minutes to go in the auction.
Two people must have wanted it really bad.
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120548552833 <
I recognize the winner's eBay code. They buy BSP manuals at $250 a pop all the time.
Dougpav

Jester

OK.... What am I missing here?  I see a complete, probably original Ivory 302 with salvagable cords, clear plungers & 5J dial with the early F/W.  I don't see     $ 2000.00 of old telephone, though.  Could it be a case of two bidders hoping to be the last to snipe both overpadded their bid, & the higher bidder wound up with the "pig in the poke"?
Stephen

Phonesrfun

Wow, that's a lot of money.   :o
-Bill G

Wallphone

That's kind of what I'm thinking. The loser is probably the happier one.  ;D
The winner probably won't snipe like that again with an auto bid program.
Dougpav

AET

I smell a rat.  I bet this is a case of a bidding friend driving the price up.
- Tom

Dan/Panther

Tom;
If that is the case, the non shill bidder still bid way more than He/She should have.
Case in point, Dennis put in a bid on the Field Test phone that I recently won, I had a maximum bid set at $750.00. I'm glad Dennis wasn't thinking along the same lines as myself.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dennis Markham

I might have been thinking along those lines Dan, but my wallet wasn't.  :)

bwanna

2+grand for a phone & 250& for BSP's. somebody has deep pockets :o
donna

Doug Rose

eBay 260592245150  The buyer could have bought these three and saved over $600 and got a better looking Ivory 302 to boot, not to mention a really great red and green 302 as a bonus. Ivory 302s very rarely go over $200 unless in stellar condition.....Doug
Kidphone

Jim Stettler

I think it is time to cash in on the "suckers". I am not out to get them, but if they want to spend that kinda money, I may as well get some of it. I will just blow it all on properly-priced to over-priced phone stuff anyway.
JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

AE_Collector

So what you are saying Jim is that you are a "sucker" as well....only it needs to be clear before you overpay!  ;)

Terry

Jim Stettler

Quote from: ae_collector on April 27, 2010, 10:28:07 PM
So what you are saying Jim is that you are a "sucker" as well....only it needs to be clear before you overpay!  ;)

Terry
That pretty much sums it up Terry,
But, It is a lot easier to pay high when the money comes from high-bid sales.

At that point I like to think of it as "trades".

EXAMPLE:
I "traded" these 3 common phones for this really cool clear set. I just ignore the fact that the 3 common phones sold for $200 each and were only worth about $50.00 each. I also ignore that the cool set I paid $600 for is only worth about $50.00 if it was black.

Just my way of fooling myself,
Jim

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Jester

Quote from: Kidphone on April 27, 2010, 01:02:25 PM
eBay 260592245150  The buyer could have bought these three and saved over $600 and got a better looking Ivory 302 to boot, not to mention a really great red and green 302 as a bonus. Ivory 302s very rarely go over $200 unless in stellar condition.....Doug

Doug,

I saw that auction, too & thought the same thing.  The examples of colored 302's I now own weren't stellar when I bought them, but I'm quite pleased with them now, & they cost @ $1600.00 altogether--including repairs.  I'll gladly let the buyer of the ivory in the first post have the four other colors for $8000.00--& throw in the ivory as a bonus! ;D
Stephen

JorgeAmely

Stephen:

Very nice collection.
Jorge

Jester

Thank you, Jorge--I like 'em, too.  Especially since all five didn't cost me $2000.00--let alone ONE of them! :o
Stephen