News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Brown 2500

Started by poplar1, May 07, 2015, 12:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poplar1

I just bought this brown AT&T Technologies (WE) 2500MMG dated 1985. Hopefully, it's not painted.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181735105343

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

WEBellSystemChristian

Wow, very nice! Doesn't look painted, congrats!

I'm assuming that brown was still a non-standard color for WE 500s, 554s, 2500s, 2554s, etc. past 1983?
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

poplar1

Brown may have been a standard color for Wisconsin Telephone Co./Wisconsin Bell.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

andre_janew

It could use some cleaning.  This may be why you got it for $5.  It might get lighter in color when you clean it.  Just how much will depend on how dirty it is.  (I'm kidding!)

compubit

I wonder if the body plastic is the same as the later AT&T 2500s with the offset 12 button TT pad with the additional switches and buttons (16 holes in the faceplate - and uses the K1 series handset)?

If so, one could "frankenphone" a "classic" 2500 in brown (with the same faceplate used for beige - which this phone appears to have...)

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Weco355aman

This phones plastic is post Divestiture AT&T marked plastic. After the breakup all bet's were off with colors.
I've never seen a ABS WE that color in 500/2500. They did make a dark brown trimlines. They also made soft plastic in a very dark brown. 500 type and maybe others.
Phil