News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What are your Favorite Cars???

Started by Bill Cahill, April 17, 2009, 05:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

Chevy made a Kingswood, and a Caprice Estate that did that, Oldsmobile's was a Custom Cruiser, Pontiac's was the Safari, and Buick's was the Estate.

I'm selling my Caprice Estate wagon right now, 87, good shape.  I'd like 800 bucks for it.

Quote from: bingster on February 23, 2010, 02:40:03 AM
The only wagon I'd like to have is one of the ones that GM made in the early 1970s.  They had a curved back, and the glass retracted into the roof, while the tailgate retracted under the floor--all at the push of a button.  That was a fairly brilliant idea.  Chevrolet called theirs the "Kingswood" as I recall.
- Tom

Greg G.

Not sure why I deleted my posts, but here they are again.  I love the vehicles of the 30s, like my Grandparent's vehicle in the first two pictures.  I think it's a 36 Plymouth.  But being a pickup man, I would prefer the third picture.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Jester

Quote from: Brinybay on February 26, 2010, 03:23:50 AM
I think it's a 36 Plymouth.

Briny,
Your grandparents' car is a '34 Plymouth PE sedan.
Stephen

Greg G.

Quote from: Jester on February 27, 2010, 02:06:53 AM
I think it's a 36 Plymouth.

Briny,
Your grandparents' car is a '34 Plymouth PE sedan.

From that info, I'm guessing the pictures were around 1940.  Would have been interesting to see what kind of blunderbus Grandpa used to down the elk.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Bill Cahill

Not sure why I deleted my posts, but here they are again.  I love the vehicles of the 30s, like my Grandparent's vehicle in the first two pictures.  I think it's a 36 Plymouth.  But being a pickup man, I would prefer the third picture.
There's a man after my own heart. You tore it out!
I LOVE those cars!
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

baldopeacock

Nice.

Your '57 looks like the car that was buried in Tulsa for 50 years and dug up on its 50th anniversary.   Sadly there wasn't much left of it, water had gotten into the concrete container.   Friend and I went to Tulsa that weekend for the big annual Ford show there and stopped by to look at the Fury.   Sad sight.

Quote from: Jester on May 24, 2009, 03:43:47 PM
I just returned from Crawford, Texas where I attended the quarterly meeting of the Lone Star chapter of the Plymouth Owners Club with my dad.  The two most noteworthy cars are pictured below, along with my '37 Plymouth touring sedan--this is a shot sent to me when I was considering buying it.  I'm afraid it is a little more deteriorated now. :-[

Greg G.

What is that truck in my third picture, anybody know?  I've never seen one of that era with a full 4-door crew cab, or perhaps it's a custom job?
- Mike Row
e

bingster

I don't know of any truck of that age and size with four doors.  International had them after the war, though, and others probably did, too.  To my eye, the whole thing looks hinky.  There wouldn't have been a broad panel between the doors as on this one, for example.    If I were doing it, I'd take a complete sedan body and put it on the chassis, adding the bed right behind it.  The four doors would look completely original that way.  Still, it's an awesome looking truck.
= DARRIN =

AET

It's a custom job.  You can buy those cabs now.  They're built to be an extended cab version of the old Model A's.
- Tom

foots

I love most old cars from the '20s on up. The '62 Ford Galaxie 500 and the '60 Chevrolet Impala (2 door hardtops) are among my favorites. I must admit though that no other cars quite compare to those gorgeous DeLahayes. Here's a few examples
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

bingster

Yesssss... post-war Delahayes are just about as beautiful as a car can get.  They were just staggering.  I always wondered how the front wheels made their turns inside those skirts.  They can't have moved very far without striking them, could they?
= DARRIN =

Greg G.

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on March 08, 2010, 04:12:40 AM
It's a custom job.  You can buy those cabs now.  They're built to be an extended cab version of the old Model A's.

In that case, I think I'll stick with authenticity and go with Grandpa's car.
- Mike Row
e

foots

Quote from: bingster on March 08, 2010, 08:03:30 PM
Yesssss... post-war Delahayes are just about as beautiful as a car can get.  They were just staggering.  I always wondered how the front wheels made their turns inside those skirts.  They can't have moved very far without striking them, could they?

I'd imagine they had a somewhat large turn radius, sort of like the old Nash Airflytes.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

AET

My grandpa's first car he bought was a 49 Nash he bought brand new when he was 19.  Looked just like that.   He also had a 60 Impala, I saw that mentioned.  My first car was a 60 Bel-Air.  Just bought a 63 Impala this week too.
- Tom