News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Buyer's Market?

Started by Pourme, March 26, 2017, 08:18:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pourme

If the web site CW (Collectors Weekly) is to be believed, EBAY buyers aren't as active as usual. The #1 most watched phone is a '56 500 with 3 watchers. The second most watched is s phone in a box with 1 watcher. The rest are tied for third place with zero watchers. Could it be the lure of lovely spring weather? If this is true, this could be a buyers market for the time being....

Just a observation from a guy with too much time on his hands.
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

TelePlay

I think it's a bug in their software in that I know I am watching a few of those phones that have "0" watchers. Doesn't make sense for all except 2 phones to report no watchers.

Pourme

"Phoneitis" is much more rampant than they would have you believe... :o
Benny

AL_as_needed

Quote from: Pourme on March 26, 2017, 10:39:23 AM
"Phoneitis" is much more rampant than they would have you believe... :o

Maybe just the casual phone buyer (non collector) market is slowing down, which would be great news for us addicts....oops, i mean collectors.
TWinbrook7

TelePlay

Sent CW a message asking what's up with the watch count. I have a feeling eBay changed something which is keeping their bot from recording the watch count. When they reply, I'll post their answer.

TelePlay

Their support team got back to me quite quickly and this is what they said:

"Yes, we are aware of this problem. Looking into it...  Tx!  CW Support"

TelePlay

Well, they seem to be getting the problem fixed but only with newly listed phones. Seems most of the highly watched phones still have "0" watchers (e.g. 10 AE cords have more watchers, 4, than that museum piece candlestick, 0, and will probably stay that through their listing cycle - will never be updated. At least they are working on it, trying to fix the problem.

Pourme

The number of watchers on a particular item is information I take into consideration when I'm actively bidding on it. I know they will get this in good order for us.
Benny