News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Metal 302 For Sale

Started by HarrySmith, March 18, 2018, 05:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

I just finished restoring another of the metal 302's I got last  year. This one had poor paint so I stripped it. I tried polishing the bare metal but could not get a consistent finish so I had it painted. It was stripped, sanded, primed, painted and clear coated with auto paint. Looks great! Dates are from late 38 & dial number plate is 39. Newly recovered suede feet. All the screws and brackets have been cleaned and polished in a tumbler. The base is original paint and looks fantastic!  F1 handset cleaned up nicely and is undated. It has an original cloth handset cord with rubber wire insulation, again, no date. The original condenser bracket had been ripped off the base. I tried to find a replacement from an old 302 but was not able to locate one so I had to retrofit a bracket from a newer model. It fits fine and looks good. I added a black modular line cord. It works great. Taking offers here before it goes off to eBay.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Great job Harry.....looks wonderful....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Thanks Doug.
With the auto clear coat it should stay that way for a long, long time!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

RB

Nice phone!
The first pic looks like an advertisement...well, i guess it is... :D

AE_Collector

What would you like to get for it a Harry? I have been pleasantly surprised with the number of items I have been able to sell listing them here. I figured we would just have too few active members to sell much at all.

I think that adding a way to contact you other than PM's would expand the market range as many might see listings here but if they haven't bothered to register on CRPF yet they are unable to contact you.

Terry

HarrySmith

Thanks Terry. I had not thought of non members. Anyone can email me at Harrysmith1957@gmail.com. or call 954-780-6325, leave a message.

Also for anyone here, such as Terry, who has my personal cell number, I have a new phone & a new number. PM me and I will give it to you.

I have not put a price on it yet, open to offers.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

poplar1

Are you sure the dial is 1939? Looks like I 38 to me with a IV 39 number plate. In any case, I don't think they were still making 4H dials in 39.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

HarrySmith

Quote from: poplar1 on March 19, 2018, 03:44:55 PM
Are you sure the dial is 1939? Looks like I 38 to me with a IV 39 number plate. In any case, I don't think they were still making 4H dials in 39.

You are correct, sorry. Thanks for picking up on that!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

Quote from: HarrySmith on March 19, 2018, 04:39:39 PM
You are correct, sorry. Thanks for picking up on that!

I was really not happy with that number ring anyway. Does anyone have a number ring dated 1938 for sale or for trade?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"