News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I was shocked at this win!!

Started by Dan/Panther, February 08, 2009, 10:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

I watched this phone for the last two hours sure that I would be outbid.
I can't believe I won this for that price.

http://tinyurl.com/allsme

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

BDM

--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

HobieSport

Score!  Congrats, D/P.  And a 1960! 8)

Dan/Panther

I all of my boxes upon boxes of phone parts I have but one Princess phone part. The Wall Wart transformer for the light, which this phone is missing.....
I won this phone for my Mom, she had an identical one, that my Dad got for her in 1960, and the transformer came from her original phone. I found it in a box of stuff my Dad left me.

D/P

benhutcherson

Looks like a really nice telephone for a good price.

I've yet to add a princess phone to my collection. They've never particularly struck my fancy, although I'd like to pick one up if the right one comes along for the right price.

It looks like you definitely found the "right one" for the right price.

McHeath

winkydink

Quote from: Dan/Panther on February 08, 2009, 10:51:27 PM
I watched this phone for the last two hours sure that I would be outbid.
I can't believe I won this for that price.

http://tinyurl.com/allsme

D/P
Funny Story...

You outbid me  :'(    ;)

But finishing in second, next time I will try harder  :D

I was in the process ready to go to bed and knew that I would not have the time to watch the phone.  I have never purchased a princess phone before (still haven't) and I set my limit to be $30.00 including shipping.  Had the shipping been lower I would have bid more.

Just as an FYI, what would a reasonable price for a phone like this be ? $25.00, $35.00 ?

Additionally what years needed the transformer for the light bulb and when was that built into the phone.  Also this looked like an early model, would it have a ringer built in.

Thanks and congratulations on your win.  I am not in any big rush to get a princess, just looking for one that is in good shape, non modular and modestly priced.

WD

Dan/Panther

WD;

Old Phone works has them for upwards of $129.99.
But that is refurbished. I would guess you could find one in tje $40-50.00 range.
I'm not real familar with the Princess, like I mentioned I bought this for my Mom.
I'm really sorry about outbidding you on this. I talked about this before, I wish there were a way we could avoid stepping on each others toes, but I don't know how that would be possible.

D/P
I can promise I will not be bidding on another powder blue "Princess" and will let you know when one comes up.

Dennis Markham

Remember the old saying......All is fair in Love & War......& Buying Telephones! :)

winkydink

Quote from: Dan/Panther on February 09, 2009, 01:39:40 PM

WD;

Old Phone works has them for upwards of $129.99.
But that is refurbished. I would guess you could find one in tje $40-50.00 range.
I'm not real familar with the Princess, like I mentioned I bought this for my Mom.
I'm really sorry about outbidding you on this. I talked about this before, I wish there were a way we could avoid stepping on each others toes, but I don't know how that would be possible.

D/P
I can promise I will not be bidding on another powder blue "Princess" and will let you know when one comes up.

Hey Dan,

I am not upset about losing the auction.  It's just one of those things.  If I really wanted it, I would have bid higher.  I was trying to get it on the cheap.  There will be another auction.

I am not too familar with the princess phone, but that one and that color did catch my eye.

WD

Dennis Markham

Speaking of Princess phones, this black one ended this evening.  They always seem to go for a good price (if you're the seller).

http://tinyurl.com/bhm74n

Bill Cahill

I say string him up!!!!  >:(

Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."