News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 202 Imperial with an F4 handset volume question

Started by MMikeJBenN27, August 24, 2017, 09:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMikeJBenN27

We have a 202 Imperial with an F4 handset with a U1 receiver capsule and a T1 transmitter capsule with a 684BA subset, and we also have a 5302 with the so-called GF handset with HA1/F1 capsules, and other than a lower pitch in the 5302 when I blow into it, I don't see any difference.  Maybe I am getting deaf?

Alex G. Bell

Quote from: MMikeJBenN on August 24, 2017, 09:13:43 PM
We have a 202 Imperial with an F4 handset with a U1 receiver capsule and a T1 transmitter capsule with a 684BA subset, and we also have a 5302 with the so-called GF handset with HA1/F1 capsules, and other than a lower pitch in the 5302 when I blow into it, I don't see any difference.  Maybe I am getting deaf?
The F4 handset with retrofitted late-type transducers provides the transmission performance of a 500 set. 

When used with an induction coil subset such as a 634 or 684 type this would result in excessive transmit and sidetone levels on short loops where loop current is high.  BSPs specifically state that this combination is not permissible and that a 685A subset is to be used except at extreme distances from the central office where these higher sensitivity transducers specifically are prescribed to improved transmit and receive level.

Is this pairing between the 202 and 684 something you did or did they come to you already wired together?

MMikeJBenN27

Got it that way.  Bought it off of E-Bay.  Judging from the sticker on the handset about charges, and the fact that it was a manual phone, it probably came from a hotel.  Got it now on E-Bay for sale.