and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

551 wiring...

Started by AMCer, October 29, 2014, 11:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AMCer

551 KSU- CHECK!
2565HK telephone - CHECK!
25pair cable from KSU to Amphenol - CHECK!
Line 1-4 KSU to 25pair cable wiring diagram - CHECK!
KSU ringer signal to 25pair cable wiring diagram - __MISSING!__

Can anyone tell me the 25pair cable colors for ring signals 1-4 for a 551???

Here's the diagrams I have-

poplar1

Ringer circuit in set is factory wired to Yellow-Slate/Slate-Yellow
Buzzer in WE 2565HK is on yellow-green/green-yellow; in ITT sets, yellow-orange/orange-yellow
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

podor

I'm brand new to the forum, but I have a bit of experience with these. The yellow/slate slate yellow will attach to the first B1 and R1 terminals. For common audible signaling, you will have to bridge each R1 terminal together. I just punched a single wire through each terminal. You will need a 118a frequency generator also, if you don't already have one. If not, there are a few on ebay. That is connected to 49 and 50 of the ksu side of the block. Google "518-215-407 BSP" to download the complete directions and see Figure 8 just to be sure. I have been using my setup in my home office and love it!

AMCer

So, to get the ring of all four lines, jumper all the B1s and R1s and run them to the phone on the YEL-SLT pair?

For the ring gen, I have a PowerDsine block...

podor

Yes, B1 should be jumpered from the factory though. I'm not familiar with the PowerDsine block. It looks like it has ethernet input and output. How does it connect to the KSU? It looks pretty cheap compared to a ring generator on ebay. That would a nice alternative.

AMCer

The PowerDsine doesn't have an ethernet connection just a mini header.  It get's hooked up like this:

(picture stolen from TelePlay's post)

podor

My Google search tool me to something totally different. That's pretty interesting. So it would go through the interrupter so you wouldn't have to worry about switching. You may only be able to ring one phone and you may have to set the ring bias at the lower setting. Certainly cheaper than a 118a.