News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What Diameter is a B1 Base?

Started by George Knighton, March 03, 2013, 10:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sargeguy

And all three base screws! It looks like a 50-AL, though, that has to count for something! 

Seriously George, you should be able to get an all original version in well-preserved condition for a lot less than what this shiny but incorrect restoration went for.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

southernphoneman

i need help. how do you hook up a 202 to a 634/684 subset. i thought i had gotten it right, but when i went to test it,i got no dial tone, and when i called the landline with my cell phone, i got a busy signal, any help would be greatly appreciated. thankyou.

Sargeguy

There are diagrams in the Telephone Wiring Diagrams section that cover this topic.  You should be able to find the one you need to match your subset
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

poplar1

Quote from: southernphoneman on March 05, 2013, 05:01:13 AM
i need help. how do you hook up a 202 to a 634/684 subset. i thought i had gotten it right, but when i went to test it,i got no dial tone, and when i called the landline with my cell phone, i got a busy signal, any help would be greatly appreciated. thankyou.

Don't confuse the red and green from the 202 and the red and green coming from the wall jack.

The set connects as follows: red to R on the induction coil, green to GN on the induction coil, yellow to Y/L2 on the induction coil, and black to BK terminal.

The line from the wall connects as follows: red to L1 and green to Y/L2.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

southernphoneman

my thanks goes out to sargeguy and poplar1. i really appreciate the help you both gave me on my work with the 202 and its subset. it works now, so i can continue with its restoration. thankyou once again. :)

Greg G.

Quote from: George Knighton on March 04, 2013, 09:05:41 AM
Quote from: Sargeguy on March 03, 2013, 08:42:24 PM
What's you budget? 

I'm not sure there is a budget.  ... I bid on this and lost by $10.00, if that helps:  http://tinyurl.com/blr9emv

That kind of budget should get you a top-end working candlestick.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Sargeguy

Here is a nice one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121076803498

Even if it requires a subset and a little refurbishment, it will not set you back as much as the one you referenced.  It is a 151-AL so you could update the receiver and transmitter (and dial) so that it is electronically identical to a 202 with an F-1 if you so desired.  
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409