"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Phone Projects.....metal wall phone.....mahogany phones

Started by John S, June 05, 2009, 07:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John S

Hello......

I wanted to post pics of my new metal wall phone.  I just finished the project about a week ago.  I bought it off e-bay, and it was in rough shape when it arrived.  With a little hard work, she looks great!!!!!  I took a before and after pic.   

My next project will be my mahogany phones.  I started on them, with a light cleaning on the outside.  I want to clean the inside, shine the bells up.  Once they are cleaned up...I will post them on here. 

Love the forum...Keep up the good work..........

John

McHeath

You did a nice job on that wall phone, it looks like it's ready now for another 60 years of use.  Does it work?  I assume that it does.

What years are those black 500s?

John S

Yes,  the metal wall phones does work.....its one of my favs in my collection.  The 500's are brown/mahogany.  They are soft plastic....The 2 line was made in 1956....and the muitiline was made in 1959..........

foots

I like that wall phone - hope to get one someday. Your multiline line phone looks great - I have a black multiline - 3 line w/hold - from 1958. Do the buttons on your multiline light up?
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

McHeath

Oh yeah, they are brown 500s, I see that now.  Pretty cool to have, I must say.  I don't have any soft plastic color 500s, all mine are hard plastic. 

JorgeAmely

The all metal phone has a very cool card.

Congratulations and welcome to the group. Looking forward to see more nice pics.  :)
Jorge

AET

Hi John, very nice phones!  Congrats on some great finds!
- Tom