News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1920's Automatic Electric Police Telephone Housing Call Box Old Parts 2 Restore

Started by Doug Rose, November 28, 2022, 02:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

This came on eBay Friday night just as I had logged on after coming back from Dinner. BIN for $50, I have a junker, if I can find it :o as it is empty inside.

For now it will display in my phone room with parts I had on hand. The AE Bulldog didn't look right so I went with an WE until I can find a Chrome AE transmitter

It came today packed to survive anything. Took forever to free it!! I have bought from them before and they are wonderful.

A LOT of work went into the Power coat and Lettering, very Professional....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Contempra

Nice one . First time I've seen one in like sixty years. Is that the original color, Doug?

Doug Rose

Quote from: Contempra on November 29, 2022, 08:42:35 AMNice one . First time I've seen one in like sixty years. Is that the original color, Doug?
It was advertised a Power Coated Blue. Seller must have a few as a friend of mine picked one up as a BIN for $50..Doug
Kidphone

FABphones

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

FABphones

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

HarrySmith

I have seen a lot of variations from that seller. Pepsi. Coke. Police. Fire ETC ETC
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: HarrySmith on November 30, 2022, 12:20:37 PMI have seen a lot of variations from that seller. Pepsi. Coke. Police. Fire ETC ETC

Were the Pepsi and Coke phones intended for people who needed a soft drink in an emergency?

Larry

Soundman

Hey Doug-  Just saw your pix of the Police Call Box...nice!  I must have bought mine from the same person, powder coated blue, but mine's a little different. I've been having a hell of a time trying to find the right rotary dial to fit in there...it looks to be the same 2 screw mount as yours, 2.5" apart. I want to complete it as a gift to my Brother who is a retired disabled Officer, but I don't know how to connect the componants. Cheers! Ron

Doug Rose

Ron....Welcome to the Forum!! I used a dial from an AE 40 and it fit right in. I have not put a donor phone in it yet, it is just for display at the moment.

I bought mine from nana-grampsattic on eBay.....good luck....Doug
Kidphone

Contempra

Quote from: Soundman on March 26, 2023, 05:49:35 AMHey Doug-  Just saw your pix of the Police Call Box...nice!  I must have bought mine from the same person, powder coated blue, but mine's a little different. I've been having a hell of a time trying to find the right rotary dial to fit in there...it looks to be the same 2 screw mount as yours, 2.5" apart. I want to complete it as a gift to my Brother who is a retired disabled Officer, but I don't know how to connect the componants. Cheers! Ron

First , hi and welcome to the best forum . You are at the right place my friend :) . a couple months ago , i saw a video of the same telephone like this and in the same color on Youtube.. maybe you could find it on Youtube if you haven't already done so ;) Great day to you friend . Oh boy my bad english...anyway , it's the thought that counts .