News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

another E-Bay listing 1A1 system

Started by Babybearjs, December 16, 2019, 12:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

saw this on E-Bay... sellers is looking for a good home for this! wants a good price too! (but then, look at what you are getting!) and you thought 1A1 systems were dead.... E-Bay item number:163991130936
John

Western Bell

Quote from: Babybearjs on December 16, 2019, 12:39:34 PM
(but then, look at what you are getting!)

Can't see it, find it in your post so here it is, forever, for all to see.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Western-Electric-6A-All-Relay-1A2-Dial-Intercom-System-with-17-Stations/163991130936

Western Electric 17 Station 1A2 KTU Style Common Talk/Selective Signal Dial Intercom Unit.

This ready to plug-in and use System would make a great Home/Business Retro Style Intercom, or a Vintage Telephone Collectors dial telephone show piece. Another application could be a Demonstration unit for an Educational Museum Display.

Features:

Interrupted Station Ringing with Ring back tone & Ring Trip on answer.

Works with most common 2-wire Tip & Ring Rotary (Pulse) Dial Telephones.

17 Extension Dial Access Codes plus a Dial "9" Outside Line Access.

One Link with Common Talk Path.

The Unit is a complete, functional, seventeen code, Western Electric 6A Selector only intercom system with Dial Tone, Interrupted Ringing, Ring back tone, & Ring Trip. It is a common talking path, selective signaling system. It works with most Legacy 2-wire Tip & Ring rotary (Pulse) dial Telephone sets. Tone dialing is not supported on this System.

Extension ringing is done over tip & ring (green & red) wires with 20 Hz ringing current.

Single digit and two digit dialing is used. The station codes are 3-8 & 0 plus 21-20. Digit "9" is used for Outside line access.

The System is made up of a Western Electric 207C & 216A KTU as the basic dial selector control. A custom tone generator KTU is equipped to provide system tones. Station ringing is done using six 227B KTU's. A modified 237B KTU is provided to allow dial access to a Central Office or VoIP ATA (Outside) Line.

A Demonstration Video can be seen at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nETX-iMVuwc

Note: The Telephone sets used in the video are not included in the listing.

A 66M1-50 punch down block is included for connecting the telephone sets, and CO Line.

Documentation is included.

This is a working system and is ready to plug in & use. Due to the age of the equipment it is sold "as-is". Please ask ALL questions before bidding.

Babybearjs

:D thank you for the update.... I take it its your unit that is  for sale?
John

FABphones

Quote from: Babybearjs on December 16, 2019, 01:14:16 PM
:D thank you for the update.... I take it its your unit that is  for sale?

The text W.B. has quoted is from the listing.

I wouldn't have looked without the link on this thread, I don't always have time to do more than a one click view.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Key2871

That's pretty interesting. I like the new hive lamps, nice set up.
KEN