and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Got a vintage Queen Mary First Class Cradle Telephone

Started by Doug Rose, June 05, 2022, 07:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Kidphone

tubaman

Looks like a nice original and untouched one. Hopefully it's as good as it looks when it arrives.

Doug Rose

Quote from: tubaman on September 28, 2022, 03:08:33 AMLooks like a nice original and untouched one. Hopefully it's as good as it looks when it arrives.
thanks...I did stress the packing, I should have it Friday....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

I got the QM 36 today, Packed with the handset resting on the back of the phone with a thin piece of packing placed between them...just placed. Oh my!!!

The phone was brown with whatever was over it. It did not look good.

Brasso and a Mr Clean Bar did a more than acceptable job.

I left the bottom of the Bakelite dirty so I would not forget how bad it was!

I do not think the crack in the back is new nor the ones on the cradle  BUT this is still in amazing condition for its age and floating around at sea.

I put dial tone to it, it Rings and conversation is loud and clear.

This is just a beautiful phone....Doug

Kidphone

tubaman

That's cleaned up really nicely. A shame about case cracks but they don't look new as you say and I'm pretty sure I can see all of them in the eBay listing. Still a nice find for $50.

Doug Rose

thanks Tubaman, I am more than happy with it. It came almost a beige color, I can live with the crack in the back and the chips in the cradle bottom. I did surprise myself with how nicely it cleaned up in just over an hour.

This phone is EIGHTY SIX years old and very heavy. It displays great from the front.

PLUS it works....it has the coolest ring!!

I have always wanted one of these.....Doug
Kidphone

FABphones

Cute design.

This is a GEC model in black (from my collection). The black version comes up on the UK auction site on a regular basis, more often with a dial.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble