News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wanted: Western Electric BROWN Receiver Cap

Started by Doug Rose, September 08, 2022, 05:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I am trying to match this receiver. Not sure what it is but it has a WE cap that screws on and off with ease.

Trade or $$....thanks.....Doug

https://boston.craigslist.org/search/sss?userid=8261552
Kidphone

poplar1

Please show the inside of the receiver. Possibly early WE 143 (1907 version)????
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

rdelius

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Doug Rose

David/Robby....here are the pics....Doug
Kidphone

tubaman

Not sure you'll find a brown cap as I think it's the receiver body that should be black to match the cap you have.
We have the same issue with GPO receivers as the later bakelite caps stay black but the ebonite covering the receiver body fades to brown.
I'd just accept it's a factor of its age and live with it.

Doug Rose

Quote from: tubaman on September 09, 2022, 08:09:03 AMNot sure you'll find a brown cap as I think it's the receiver body that should be black to match the cap you have.
We have the same issue with GPO receivers as the later bakelite caps stay black but the ebonite covering the receiver body fades to brown.
I'd just accept it's a factor of its age and live with it.
Agreed, I was just hoping to have a match like this GPO stick I picked up earlier this summer...Doug
Kidphone

tubaman

Quote from: Doug Rose on September 09, 2022, 09:19:50 AMAgreed, I was just hoping to have a match like this GPO stick I picked up earlier this summer...Doug

If they ever made the caps from ebonite, like the GPO one you have there, then you might get a faded one but if they weren't then black it'll have to be.

Doug Rose

Quote from: tubaman on September 09, 2022, 10:43:08 AMIf they ever made the caps from ebonite, like the GPO one you have there, then you might get a faded one but if they weren't then black it'll have to be.
ty
Kidphone

wds

Appears to be a Kellogg receiver.  Notice that the correct cap has the squared off sides. 
Dave

wds

another picture
Dave

Doug Rose

Quote from: wds on September 09, 2022, 11:22:59 AMAppears to be a Kellogg receiver.  Notice that the correct cap has the squared off sides.
thanks Dave, I didn't think it was a WE. I have never seen a WE with the receiver that screwed in...I appreciate it...Doug
Kidphone

FABphones

I am unfamiliar with this phone. Which receiver is correct for this?
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Doug Rose

Quote from: FABphones on September 09, 2022, 02:06:07 PMI am unfamiliar with this phone. Which receiver is correct for this?
CJ...It is a Century Split shaft. Advertised as a Century receiver on eBay auction, but it is not. A Century receiver would be correct. ...Doug

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=26451.msg257507#msg257507
Kidphone

wds

Here's a couple different Century receivers.  I'm sure there are more.  I have a shell without the magnet.
Dave