News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Three Slot WE Payphone Need Help

Started by RoatryPhoneLover_2000, September 09, 2022, 09:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoatryPhoneLover_2000

Hi all I reclenty acquired this three slot Payphone off a flea market and I need help with it I do have the keys and everything needed to work. I don't have a subset but it does have a network please I beg everybody on this forum help me out here are some pictures.

poplar1

Can you post photos of the upper housing (front with dial, inside with coin track?)

That "network" is actually a 101A induction coil; so, the wiring will be somewhat different from the one posted by HarrySmith last week.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

RoatryPhoneLover_2000

Hello sure I will within 1 hour since I am running some earrarnds but thank you so much I will be posting the pictures asap I really appreciate it if it helps it's a 193G from 1-55. 

RoatryPhoneLover_2000

-

poplar1

The 193G did not need a subset -- rather, just a ringer box (if you need it to ring).

Originally, the 101-type induction coil was mounted on a metal plate  near the top of the back plate.

There is probably a diagram showing the 193G in the TCI library (telephonecollectors.info)
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

FABphones

A lot of work there but I would probably have bought it if a good price, may I be a bit cheeky and ask what you paid for it?

Will you be removing the red paint? What type of restoration are you aiming for, working payphone or working phone?

Please keep us up to date with your progress, with photos too please.  :)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

RoatryPhoneLover_2000

Hi all, yes I am going to be repainting it the paint is peeling off.  And I will be posting a before and after pictures but currently I'm busy so it'll have to old off for a couple of months.  I bought it for $75.  I went to the flea market last Sunday but I usually don't buy three slots but since the person gave me a good price I picked it up.  He said his dad died and this was inside the basement.   

RoatryPhoneLover_2000

I am not am aiming towards making it work as a payphone but it looks like all is there but everybody would know more then me). I am going to put it next to my single slot once it all is done and show the almost 30-40 years difference of payphone. 

RoatryPhoneLover_2000

Can somebody just help me out with the wiring diagram, or send me a link on the telephone org website?  It seems confusing and i don't see a payphone or public telephone.

TelePlay

Just for starters, did you try attaching a line cord, red and green, to L1 and L2 on the induction coil, put the front back on (need that to complete the dial with the circuit and then see what happens. Do you hear a dial tone? Does it dial out? If the guy had it in his basement it might already be wired to work as a non-pay phone telephone.

RoatryPhoneLover_2000

I'm sorry I just didn't know where it was and that's kinda why I posted the post I am a complete newbie please can you point to me where to hookup a line cord.

TelePlay

One end of the line cord goes into you telephone wall Jack and on the other end, the red and green conductors in the line cord attach to L1 and L2 on the 101A induction coil in your pay phone.

This is just a test. It may not do anything. If not, someone has to help you with a wiring diagram for that pay phone using a 101A induction coil.

You could start by making a wiring diagram of how your phone is currently wired so others can see its "as is" circuit.

RoatryPhoneLover_2000

Hi yes, there are a bunch of wires that have been taped up, cut off is that possibly why it's not working properly?