News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

FOUND: WANTED- WE 500 series Beige Number Plate

Started by RDPipes, March 03, 2023, 01:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDPipes

I'm looking for a WE 500 series Beige number plate (like the one below). The original I have has a pin chipped off and both ears have been glued on. It's holding just fine but I would rather have one I don't have to worry about.
Please PM me with price, I can pay via PayPal of check, thank you for any help.

The one pictured below is probably not beige but, it's the style I need.
Oh! and if you have the gasket(ring) to go with it I could also use it.

RDPipes

Found the original photo of it but,enlarging it made it a little blurry.
You can see that one ear is broken off and the other looks a little different, maybe chipped.
I think there the same type.

Stormcrash

Is it actually beige (60) or is it Ivory (50), hard to tell in pictures sometimes.

This listing on eBay has a beige and what looks like a slightly yellowed ivory included
https://www.ebay.com/itm/325476356877

RDPipes

Quote from: Stormcrash on March 03, 2023, 05:17:05 PMIs it actually beige (60) or is it Ivory (50), hard to tell in pictures sometimes.

This listing on eBay has a beige and what looks like a slightly yellowed ivory included
https://www.ebay.com/itm/325476356877

Yeah I seen that one but, don't want to spend $25 for a bunch I don't and probably will never need.
I don't usually collect this late of a phone but it having the two lines intrigued me, besides that's about what I paid for the phone IIRC.

Contempra

Quote from: RDPipes on March 03, 2023, 01:13:13 PMI'm looking for a WE 500 series Beige number plate (like the one below). The original I have has a pin chipped off and both ears have been glued on. It's holding just fine but I would rather have one I don't have to worry about.
Please PM me with price, I can pay via PayPal of check, thank you for any help.

The one pictured below is probably not beige but, it's the style I need.
Oh! and if you have the gasket(ring) to go with it I could also use it.

Ron, are you sure this fits a model 500? I say that because I've never seen a 'numberplate' like that on a model 500 phone... Maybe I haven't seen everything in these models.. maybe I'm wrong too..

Stormcrash

Quote from: Contempra on March 03, 2023, 07:56:45 PMRon, are you sure this fits a model 500? I say that because I've never seen a 'numberplate' like that on a model 500 phone... Maybe I haven't seen everything in these models.. maybe I'm wrong too..

It's definitely for a 500 or 554, though the design of the retaining mount changed over the life of the 500 and possibly between manufacturers. Early WECo sets the bezel was retained by two small screws in the center, but later models retained it with tabs wings that rotated to lock and then the bezel held from rotating by the fingerstop inserted through it

RDPipes

Quote from: Contempra on March 03, 2023, 07:56:45 PMRon, are you sure this fits a model 500? I say that because I've never seen a 'numberplate' like that on a model 500 phone... Maybe I haven't seen everything in these models.. maybe I'm wrong too..

Well Denis, its on a 558 and as stated its for a 500 SERIES phone.
It could also fit a 554 and other wall phones but, I don't know that much about the late model phones.
Someone who knows more will know but, the one pictured in Beige color is the one on the phone.

Contempra

Quote from: Stormcrash on March 03, 2023, 08:04:54 PMIt's definitely for a 500 or 554, though the design of the retaining mount changed over the life of the 500 and possibly between manufacturers. Early WECo sets the bezel was retained by two small screws in the center, but later models retained it with tabs wings that rotated to lock and then the bezel held from rotating by the fingerstop inserted through it

Ok, yes thank you it's almost the same principle as on a dial (all plastic) of the 80s 'DAWN' model. However, I have 500 models from the 90s. but do not have this kind of numberplate '! Well, I learn something every day anyway :)

RDPipes

Quote from: Stormcrash on March 03, 2023, 08:04:54 PMIt's definitely for a 500 or 554, though the design of the retaining mount changed over the life of the 500 and possibly between manufacturers. Early WECo sets the bezel was retained by two small screws in the center, but later models retained it with tabs wings that rotated to lock and then the bezel held from rotating by the fingerstop inserted through it

Mine the two plastic pins actually fit into holes on the dial frame and then it locks when the ring is rotated. I recall the ones that the whole plate rotated to lock IIRC and the ones that screw on.

Contempra

Quote from: RDPipes on March 03, 2023, 08:08:15 PMWell Denis, its on a 558 and as stated its for a 500 SERIES phone.
It could also fit a 554 and other wall phones but, I don't know that much about the late model phones.
Someone who knows more will know but, the one pictured in Beige color is the one on the phone.

Indeed, Stormcrash has just informed me :). You know, as you told me before, we always learn something. Well, that's what happened to me because I didn't know this kind of numberplate by ear. Sorry, I don't know the real term used. 

RDPipes

Quote from: Contempra on March 03, 2023, 08:14:18 PMIndeed, Stormcrash has just informed me :). You know, as you told me before, we always learn something. Well, that's what happened to me because I didn't know this kind of numberplate by ear. Sorry, I don't know the real term used.
Hey, that's okay, neither do I, LOL!

Contempra

Quote from: RDPipes on March 03, 2023, 08:17:26 PMHey, that's okay, neither do I, LOL!

No problem Ron . Have a nice evening

MMikeJBenN27

There were three different styles, the first style is for 7 series dials, the second and third are for 9 series dials, which one depends on the year.  They might be interchangeable.  Never tried them.

Mike

RDPipes

Quote from: MMikeJBenN27 on March 04, 2023, 02:44:36 AMThere were three different styles, the first style is for 7 series dials, the second and third are for 9 series dials, which one depends on the year.  They might be interchangeable.  Never tried them.

Mike

Mike, it's the 9H dial and the phone dates 2-67

MMikeJBenN27