News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

3 Test phones, Not a bad haul for a Sunday.

Started by ....., February 18, 2018, 04:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todays haul. 3 Test phones that came out of Northern Telecom. A Clear Test Solo, a NT Symphony Light Green test colour that never made it to market and a test contempra with no markings. The other phones are a 1984 NT Athena, a Stromberg Carlson 1248W1 Mod 5, a 1955 NE 302, and a chrome WE handset. Also a couple cords. All from the same guy who was a former Northern Telecom employee.

More pictures.

compubit

Quote from: Duffy on February 18, 2018, 04:24:45 PM
More pictures.

Hmmmm - the tone pad on that Athena doesn't look right to me...

I do like the light green symphony, but am not sure where one would find a matching coiled cable...

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Quote from: compubit on February 18, 2018, 08:37:50 PM
Hmmmm - the tone pad on that Athena doesn't look right to me...

I do like the light green symphony, but am not sure where one would find a matching coiled cable...

Jim

I agree with you on the Athena, as for the cord on the symphony I was told it had a white one on it. That is what he had told me, he worked in the lab at Nortel.

The contempra has no marking and a different board in it.

compubit

Very interesting!

(Also forgot, one must like any "factory original" clear sets!)

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Quote from: compubit on February 18, 2018, 09:04:41 PM
Very interesting!

(Also forgot, one must like any "factory original" clear sets!)

Jim

Yes, there has already been some interest in it. Maybe a find of the month.  :)

Some better pictures of the test colour on this 1989 NT Symphony. The minty green as speckles in it.