News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Metal 302 win

Started by NorthernElectric, October 06, 2015, 09:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernElectric

I just received this in the mail yesterday, from an eBay purchase last month.  There were some delays at the seller's end but it was worth the wait.  As you can see in the auction listing, the seller listed shipping by UPS @ $49.  I got a much more reasonable quote from the seller for shipping by Canada Post, but couldn't pay until he sent me an invoice with the correct shipping amount on it, which he finally did a week and a half later.  I seem to recall that in the past, a buyer could edit the shipping amount on the eBay invoice before paying, but you can't do that anymore.   :(   After another shorter delay, the phone was in the mail on Sep. 30th.

The sellers description  included the phrase 'MADE OF STEEL' which prompted me to examine the photos carefully.  They weren't great photos, but I did manage to spot the slight paint wear marks on the cradle ears.  Nobody else bid and I got it for the opening bid of $25C plus $22C for postage.

Overall, it's in great shape.  The induction coil was missing and there's a blob of paint on the wall end of the cloth line cord.  Probably a replacement curly cord I guess.  I gave it a quick wipe then put a coil in it and attached a 4 prong plug and it works like a champ.

Cliff

WEBellSystemChristian

Nice find! You don't see very many metal phones out there with perfect original paint!!

It looks like the finger stop is bent upward. I really wonder how people manage to damage a phone like that! ::)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

NorthernElectric

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on October 06, 2015, 11:56:23 PM
Nice find! You don't see very many metal phones out there with perfect original paint!!

It looks like the finger stop is bent upward. I really wonder how people manage to damage a phone like that! ::)

The paint is not perfect as there is a bit of wear on the cradle ears towards the inside and some scuffing where the handset rubs but I guess the angle I photographed it from doesn't show any of that.  I hadn't noticed anything with the finger stop until you mentioned it.  It doesn't look bent at all but I agree that it appears to sit a little higher than normal in relation to the finger wheel than usual.
Cliff

DiaLen

Looks to be in really good shape for a metal 302. Will be a nice addition to your collection.
Be faithful to the commitments of your life.

Babybearjs

nice, I once won a 302 that came with the plastic color kit on it... once I took that off, I had a brand new 302... got it at a good price too if I remember...
John