News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My first AE payphone.

Started by ....., November 06, 2019, 06:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I picked myself up an AE chrome payphone without keys very cheaply. The chrome is in rough shape. I had a 29-s key from one of my other payphones and opened the top. Everything is there including the 10L vault key. It looks like it was reconditioned in 1976. It's my first AE Payphone. I stripped it down and I'll get it media-blasted. My plan is paint it black.

Key2871

Nice find, congrats. I bought one it was dirty, dusty thought the chrome was shot. But cleaned it and polished it and it looked pretty darn nice. So you may be surprised after you get yours cleaned..
KEN

Stan S

Duffy I tried posting a pdf. diagram of your LPC86-55 on Facebook. For some reason a pdf. will not post so I converted it to a jpeg. Doesn't look that great. I believe I can post the diagram as a pdf. on this site. Should be much clearer. I'll give it a try.
Stan S.

Quote from: Stan S on November 07, 2019, 12:49:44 AM
Duffy I tried posting a pdf. diagram of your LPC86-55 on Facebook. For some reason a pdf. will not post so I converted it to a jpeg. Doesn't look that great. I believe I can post the diagram as a pdf. on this site. Should be much clearer. I'll give it a try.
Stan S.

Thanks Stan

That will help when I hook it up to the controller I bought from you some time ago.

rdelius

Your lpc series paystation was rebuilt from a late 1940s to mid 1950s set. Note the pressed steel backboard and chicago coin vault .A black dial face should not be hard to find. One off a type 80 set can be modified to fit.

Stan S

Duffy, Your payphone is semi-postpay. The payphone controller was designed for prepay phones. Below is a diagram of an LPC prepay 3-slot. You can compare this diagram to the first one I sent you. The simplex way to make your payphone function with the controller is to change the coin relay to a prepay type. Shouldn't be much of a problem, there are plenty of them around.
Stan S.