"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Semi-Postpay modification for use on ATA

Started by dsk, December 05, 2013, 11:18:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

I did some testing here http://tinyurl.com/ogbfdmf

And now  I got my fingers in an old AE 3 slot payphone.

What it has been trough is not easy to determine but I dont give up  :D

Reverse polarity works on most (if not all) Linksys ATA's.

So when it came to an end the circuit are so simple that you may cry  :'( :'( (The thyristor was just one I had)

The simple circuit are just put in series with the transmitter, and will operate always with normal polarity, but breaks the transmitter current in reverse polarity state, until a coin is inserted, and in my childish solution, a coin is a coin!  ;D

dsk

dsk

If you have a circuit who breaks the dial tone when the transmitter is removed, you will need to shunt the transmitter and this circuit with a suitable resistor.

dsk

poplar1

Do you have to reprogram the Linksys so that it reverses polarity on answer?
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

dsk

YES!
here are the settings:
dsk

Edit:
Yes it is tested at my free Callcentric account, and it works, when calling a number out of service, the polarity are not reversed so I may speak when I listen to the recording.

dsk

dsk

I dont have any proper instruction card, but I guess this may do.
dsk

dsk

I got some messages about how bad it is to not use the original relay, and yes I agree, but cant get it working because the ATA do not supply enough current. After tuning, and trimming, and replacing the permanent magnet, I have been able to make it work at 30-32 milli-amps. This would work on my POTS line, but it doesn't reverse polarity, and the ATA want supply more then approx 25 mA.

At this state I'm just playing, and dont know what I want to do.

dsk