News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hey, looky what I just won!!!!!

Started by Bill Cahill, May 21, 2009, 04:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

HobieSport

Fine Deal. :)

Is this to keep your 1964 yellow 554 company? ;D

contraste

Bill Cahill

Mehbe, but, I bought it to steal parts off of for mine. Like the receiver wire.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

AET

Very nice, looks like the Harvest Gold one in the Foreman's kitchen on that 70's show.
- Tom

foots

Nice phone, looks just like the one my grandparents had in their kitchen. I'm going to get me one of those one of these days.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

McHeath

Good buy!  This is like the one I grew up with, except for the extra long cord.  You done well.

Bill Cahill

Thanks, guys. Much appreciated. I may not stip it, though. Looks in better condition than the yellow phone I have now.
Bill Cahill

Dan/Panther

Great deal Bill...
Congratulations on your Hero Status...

Good
Sure
Yes
yup
you bet
great
;D

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Bill Cahill

Well, the bad news has just come. She canceled the pay pal shipping label.
Now, pay pal claims my mailing address isn't confirmed. This is added to a long list of recent troubles with pay pal.
I will have to again call pay pal next week with yet, another complaint.
She sent me a nasty e mail. I e mailed her back. I also noticed whe was going to ship it in a thick envelope. I e mailed back asking her not to. I suggested using a well packed box.
She was also going to use the slowest shipping-media mail.
I asked her not to.
She sent me a nasty e mail back accusing me of something.
Wll, guess I may not be getting that phone after all.
Bill Cahill  >:( :(

HobieSport

Bill Cahill

I really don't know. Yesterday, I pay pal'd her another 1.75 for insurance. Pay pal keeps kicking me out, and, I have to keep re setting my password.
I'll go into this further as I know more.
Bll Cahill

Bill Cahill

Quote from: Dan/Panther on May 22, 2009, 01:33:00 PM
Great deal Bill...
Congratulations on your Hero Status...

Good
Sure
Yes
;D

D/P

Yah, right, sure...Whatever you say, Dip Pan.
Right. Sure.. UH, Huh....
Bill Cahill  ;D

Bill Cahill

Well, Dan Panther sent an e mail to seller on my behalf, and, aI then also sent her one.
This morning I got an e mail from her basically stating the phone has been shipped.
She gave me a tracking number.
She paid to get a confirmation that I received it. Guess she doesn't quite trust me. Oh, well. It will soon be over.
Thanks, Dan, for your help. Look at your e mail.
Bill Cahill  ;D

Dan

Wow, what a strange series of events. Dan/P nice help there! Hope you get a winner Bill!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright