"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bell / Western Electric - "Mod 1 Picturephone"

Started by MagicMo, November 18, 2012, 02:35:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavePEI

Whoooa! Now $7,203.99 !!!

Smile, Maureen! The heavy hitters have arrived!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

MagicMo

Practice Kindness :)

Greg G.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

DavePEI

The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

MagicMo

I take much more of this, I am glued to my computer. I gotta sleep!

twocvbloke

Quote from: MagicMo on January 29, 2013, 11:27:07 PMSee, it would have never worked out in the end anyway!

'cept in an odd way, it did, only it was electronic means like videophones of the 80s & 90's and today's skype that managed to keep the idea alive... :D

G-Man

HOUSTON, WE HAVE LIFT-OFF!!

Greg G.

Quote from: MagicMo on January 29, 2013, 11:51:11 PM
I take much more of this, I am glued to my computer. I gotta sleep!

Yeah, me too, Anita is getting miffed at me!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

AE_Collector

Quote from: kleenax on January 29, 2013, 07:08:01 PM
Interesting.......The bid is at $4999.99

I can never figure that out. Who bids $xxx.99? Sellers would use .99 in their price, bidders should bid .01. I always bid .01 or .05 and have won items by a penny several times now. Bidding .99 just multiplies your liklihood of losing by 1 cent. (IMHO!)

Terry

AE_Collector

Quote from: MagicMo on January 29, 2013, 11:27:07 PM
See, it would have never worked out in the end anyway! Who would walk around with that many quarters.

Al Gore screwed everything up when he invented the Internet.....

Terry

Greg G.

Quote from: AE_Collector on January 30, 2013, 01:29:23 AM
Quote from: kleenax on January 29, 2013, 07:08:01 PM
Interesting.......The bid is at $4999.99

I can never figure that out. Who bids $xxx.99? Sellers would use .99 in their price, bidders should bid .01. I always bid .01 or .05 and have won items by a penny several times now. Bidding .99 just multiplies your liklihood of losing by 1 cent. (IMHO!)

Terry

I often bid an odd amount to round out the total price including shipping.  Example - if something costs $8.42 to ship, and I'm willing to pay $80 total, I'll bid $71.58.  I doubt that was a factor in the $4999.99 bid, they probably just did it for kicks and giggles.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

I'll bet everybody will be having their own "countdown" party in a few days.  I'll most likely be working, but I'll have my smart phone with me and will be checking it as the time runs out.  Ends at 4:50:34 pm my time (PST).
- Mike Row
e

Sargeguy

As a Patriots fan, I will probably be home watching "Downton Abbey" when the auction ends.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Doug Rose

Quote from: Sargeguy on January 30, 2013, 04:30:45 PM
As a Patriots fan, I will probably be home watching "Downton Abbey" when the auction ends.
As a Patriots fan, I will be watching the Super Bowl. Pats had another really good year, lost to a better team. Tough injuries to a couple of key players. I'd rather be in Boston where we have had Champions in every major sport in the last eight years, with BC doing it again and again in hockey to boot. Nothing to hang out heads about. We will be back next year.

That being said....good luck Mo, I'm glad you went the eBay way. If it ends right here, which I doubt it will, you should be thrilled. Dad is smiling on his grandchidren...Doug
Kidphone

MagicMo

Thanks Doug,
I'm glad I listened to you. Maybe the person who ends up winning the auction will let me have visitation.
PS. What is the watcher number mean on Ebay? They are watching it? I don't understand.

Briny,
I have a feeling it's gonna be a crazy day and we will both be saying "HOLY CARP". I feel so anxious, I think I have aged 10 years in the last few days. Whatever happens was meant to be.
Thanks, Mo