and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

KS19355 L3

Started by Dave F, October 16, 2011, 11:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave F

Hi Dave,

Great new topic for the Forum.

I'm looking for a KS19355 L3.  This tool looks like a small screwdriver but has a triangular tip for tuning old W.E. pot-core Touchtone dials.  Have you got any idea who manufactured this guy or where I might look for one?

Dave F

DavePEI

Quote from: Dave F on October 16, 2011, 11:11:07 PM
Hi Dave,

Great new topic for the Forum.

I'm looking for a KS19355 L3.  This tool looks like a small screwdriver but has a triangular tip for tuning old W.E. pot-core Touchtone dials.  Have you got any idea who manufactured this guy or where I might look for one?

Dave F
Hi Dave:

I am familiar with these, but don't have one. It is included in one of the BSPs I scanned a few years ago. Perhaps your best bet would be to file down a plastic radio/tv tuning wand - if you used a metal wand other than the correct one, it could break the ferrite core. The plastic would give a little and if it wasn't perfectly formed would be less likely to break it than metal.

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Dave F

Quote from: DavePEI on October 16, 2011, 11:14:56 PM

Hi Dave:

I am familiar with these, but don't have one. It is included in one of the BSPs I scanned a few years ago. Perhaps tour best bet would be to file down a nylon radio/tv tuning wand - if you used a metal wand other than the correct one, it could break the ferrite core.

Dave
Dave,

I've already gone the route of filing down a nylon TV tool.  Actually, this has been discussed at length in a previous Forum thread.  The homemade tool does work, but as a collector like yourself I would love to locate one of the real McCoys.

Dave

DavePEI

Quote from: Dave F on October 16, 2011, 11:22:27 PM
Dave,

The homemade tool does work, but as a collector like yourself I would love to locate one of the real McCoys.

Dave
Can't blame you at all! Hopefully someone will see your post and have a spare!

DavePEI
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Dave F

Quote from: DavePEI on October 16, 2011, 11:25:20 PM
Can't blame you at all! Hopefully someone will see your post and have a spare!

DavePEI
It's going to be a toughie, but the hunt is part of the excitement of collecting.

Dave

AE_Collector

Okay, thaat answers the question I had. We will create additional subjects for each tool or category here. I have been threatening to post a picture of my AE Monophone Tool for awhile now so I guess the time is right for me to take some pictures and post them.

Terry