News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The CRPF "Old Phones in Movies & TV" Compilation

Started by HobieSport, November 23, 2008, 01:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HobieSport

Here's some screen shots with phones from "Sunset Boulevard" and a very young Jack Webb.
-Matt

bingster

That's an unusually long handset cord on the white 202.
= DARRIN =

Steve

Quote from: bingster on June 06, 2009, 11:23:20 PM

That's what She said.
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

AET

Ha, this was my chuckle of the day!

Quote from: Steve on June 07, 2009, 12:38:03 AM
Quote from: bingster on June 06, 2009, 11:23:20 PM

That's what She said.
- Tom

rp2813

Thanks for posting those stills!  I had forgotten about the candlestick in the foyer.  I get the feeling that phone was placed to provide emphasis on the time standing still syndrome of the Desmond household.  Would that many metropolitan homes, particularly those of people with money, have still had candlesticks in 1950?  Rural subscribers are another story, but it seems to me that one would be hard pressed to find a candlestick as the "main" phone in the average metro-American 1950 household. 

Ralph
Ralph

HobieSport

This movie still shot has many possible captions.

SPADE:  "Never mind the Maltese Falcon, Lady.  At least I know what happened to that pigeon that I ran over this morning on the way to work."

ARCHER: "And my kitty."

-Matt

HobieSport

Caption:

SPADE: "No, it's an AE 34.  Who's asking?"
-Matt

Greg G.

Came across this surfing the net.  Not a movie, but one of my favorite shows as a kid:

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Oh, and Lilly Munster (Yvonne DeCarlo) at age 18 (1940).  
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

foots

"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

HobieSport

This is the opening shot of the pilot episode of "My Favorite Martian", 1963.  Notice the 5302 with F1 handset.
-Matt

JorgeAmely

That phone Humphrey Bogart is holding as Sam Spade (The Maltese Falcon) is right here.  ;)  Take a peek.

Jorge

bingster

For my money, one of the classiest phones of all time.

Nice nixie clock, btw!
= DARRIN =

JorgeAmely

It is a very nice phone, but it doesn't belong to me. The owner asked me if I could fix it. The nixie clock is a really cool clock and weather station. It is locked to the WWVB Colorado Station.
Jorge

Stephen Furley

Quote from: JorgeAmely on June 12, 2009, 09:43:03 PM
That phone Humphrey Bogart is holding as Sam Spade (The Maltese Falcon) is right here.  ;)  Take a peek.

Is that a 34?  It looks almost as if it's made out of glazed pottery; I assume it's not.