News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The CRPF "Old Phones in Movies & TV" Compilation

Started by HobieSport, November 23, 2008, 01:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HobieSport

Debbie, the only bowls I have and use are the Pyrex "Four Primary Set", and they are the best! I bought them new last year, not out of nostalgia, but just because they seemed like the best set of all purpose bowls with lids available. And they truly do look and function great. Highly recommended!

When I get my 1950s trailer kitchen and appliances better organized and fully functional and photogenic, I'll post pictures. (I just moved in on Xmas, so things are not all set up quite yet.
-Matt

HobieSport

And now for your viewing pleasure...

I went through The Maltese Falcon again, looking for a wall phone similar to Brineybay's WE hotel phone, but there isn't a phone like that in the movie. But I did capture these swell screen shots. 8)
-Matt

Greg G.

Cradling an E1 handset between head and shoulder like that takes skill!  (Dang, who was it we saw talking into an hotel phone?  Must have been ol' CG.)
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

bingster

There's a white one in one of the Thin Man movies.  Somebody gets shot in a kitchen, and there's one hanging on the wall.  If I can remember which Thin Man film it was in, I'll post screen caps.
= DARRIN =

Greg G.

Quote from: bingster on January 10, 2010, 10:06:46 AM
There's a white one in one of the Thin Man movies.  Somebody gets shot in a kitchen, and there's one hanging on the wall.  If I can remember which Thin Man film it was in, I'll post screen caps.

I recently watched The Thin Man series, it appears in the first one and I think a couple others after that.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

bellsystemproperty

Don't they use a bunch of rotary phones in the Matrix? I remember seeing an AE40. I tried to find some screenshots online but I couldn't.

McHeath

Was watching the British series "Wire in the Blood" the other night.  The main character went to Texas to investigate a murder, and this bug was in the room while he was questioning a suspect.

(the episode was made in 2007)

HobieSport

Just a couple of screen shots of Bogart and Bacall at the ending of Key Largo... 8)
-Matt

ntophones

--nto

Craig T

I think they are just using their print screen button while watching it on the computer. If you pause the clip you are watching and hold the Fn (Function) key & press the print screen key (the key on the left of the key in the upper right corner) this will copy the screen you are looking at.

You can then paste into many programs, for example Microsoft Word or Microsoft Paint.

Try it with the screen you are looking at now. Then paste it into an empty Word or paint document by

1. right clicking and selecting "paste" or

2. you can also hold in the shift key and press insert (the same key as print screen)

Phonesrfun

Most PC's don't have a function key.  Mine works with print screen with either control or shift.

Do you have a Mac?
-Bill G

McHeath

I have a MacBook and just watch the movie on it.  Then I use the Grab program, pause the movie, and select the paused scene, save it as a jpg file, and shazam it's done.

Craig T

No I have a PC. Compaq Presario laptop. I have a Fn key in between my ctrl and window key. (all bottom left corner of the keyboard).

At any rate, our print screen feature sounds like the long way around compared to the Mac.

Dennis Markham

I just use "Control + Print Screen" and then paste it into Photoshop, saving it "for the web" (which is a jpg).  There are a couple of steps involved and it requires me to open up Photoshop.  The Mac sounds like a good way to go.

ntophones

McHeath, I've never really gotten the Grab program to work. You just watch the movie, say on hulu, and then Open Services, select Grab image from screen, select and save?
--nto