News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The CRPF "Old Phones in Movies & TV" Compilation

Started by HobieSport, November 23, 2008, 01:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDM

Actually, those were Soviet agents, not Nazi's. Boris and Colonel Kerchenko(something to that effect). Episode was "The Jeopardy Room"
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Dan

Funny you should mention the Twilight Zone. I spent 2 years recording episodes off TV, editing out commercials, and putting them on VHS. (Got every one!) Then boom, ten years later they are released on dvd REMASTERED. What a waste of my time. Anyway I remember the 'Night Call" episode so I'm going to see what type of phone Gladys Cooper used!

Well it was a 202  with a B1 handset WE that rang just like a 500 WE! It's on youtube
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

bingster

Night Call is one of my favorite episodes!  Gladys Cooper was brilliant in that one, and in the one with Robert Redford, where he plays a "policeman" trying to get her to leave her house, which is being torn down.
= DARRIN =

BDM

--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

JimH

How about the original "Night of the Living Dead", I think the old farm house has a D1 mount that the main character tries to dial out on...it shows it up close quite a bit.
Jim H.

Bill Cahill

Is that the one where they brought down a series string table model GE tv, and, were watching the news reports on it?
The acting in that movie was fantastic!
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

BDM

Quote from: bingster on December 04, 2008, 11:00:10 PM
Night Call is one of my favorite episodes!  Gladys Cooper was brilliant in that one, and in the one with Robert Redford, where he plays a "policeman" trying to get her to leave her house, which is being torn down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh0R-osj3rU

If you closely at the E1 handset, you'll notice it's seemless......Why do I notice such useless info? :P
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

bingster

I can't believe  all the times I've seen that episode, and as fascinated by the 202 as I've been, that I didn't even notice the subset.  I'll have to watch it again. 8)
= DARRIN =

BDM

I'm kidding Bing, I really don't know what subset it used. Though the 685A uses the 425a/b network if I'm not mistaken. That would give it the "500 series" bell sound ;) Unlikely as it is.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

bingster

It's funny, I never thought about the sound of a telephone's ring  on a TV show before.  I watched the first part on youtube, and did notice a very non-standard number card, though. 8)
= DARRIN =

HobieSport

LUCY:  "They're going to call it a WHAT phone?!"

HobieSport

MARILYN:  "But MR. PRESIDENT!  What would JACKIE think?!"

HobieSport

CLARK:  "What do you mean that you can't put me through?  Frankly, operator..."

HobieSport

MARLON:  "Yeah, could I speak to STELLA please?  Yes, Blanch, I'll hold..."

Bill Cahill

Part of my problem is I lack the ability to remember all those fine details you guys remember. My telephone intelligence, if measured 0-10 would be a minus 2.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."